17.

I started making this chapter April 28th.. sorry for the wait (also will not be checking any Grammer or anything anymore, that will make making these chapters go even longer lmao) ~Terry🩵

Shouta was worried. The support course student still hadn't woken up. It had been 2 days. 2 days where the kid didn't even stir in his sleep. The doctors and nurses kept saying that he was just exhausted from fighting villains and most likely not getting enough sleep. That much was obvious. He had seen the kid's eye bags, and those did not come from missing one night of sleep. Hizashi had started to worry about Shouta because the ravenette had stopped sleeping due to the worry the kid was putting him through. How could he not be worried though? The kid fought villains for Kami's sake. Majima had also torn him a new one because one of his Chaos Gremlins was put in harm's way. Shouta couldn't put it past the support hero.

Currently, Shouta was pacing in his living room on a Thursday night while pulling at his hair. Hizashi wasn't home to stop him because the blonde still had to go to his other jobs even if classes at UA had been postponed until Monday.

"Goddamnit the kid better be ok. I have questions and he better have answers." Shouta grumbled.

Hitsohi didn't know what to do with his time. Usually Izuku would be texting him random things or cat pictures, yet after the USJ he hadn't heard from the greenette in 2 days. He'll admit he was worried. He finally had friends who didn't care about his quirk and were actually excited about it, then one of his friends goes and gets himself hurt. When he asked Aizawa-Sensei, the man promised Izuku was fine and wasn't hurt and told him not to worry because the greenette was just exhausted, but it still worried him nonetheless.

Hitoshi wanted to go visit his friend and make sure the other was actually ok, but he didn't have the hospital or room number his friend was in so he was stuck at home until Monday when classes started back up again. Or until Izuku got around to messaging him.

Izuku woke up to the smell of antiseptics and the sound of machines beeping. He groggily opened his eyes and was overwhelmed with the amount of white. Slowly sitting himself up against the headboard, Izuku looked around. Seeing as no one else was in the room or outside the windows looking out into the hallway, Izuku called upon Kizu.

Kizu appeared on the left of his bed, closest to the windows showing the sky. The sun was beginning to lower, making room for the moon and casting the sky in purples and blues. Kizu nudged Izuku's hand, and he reached forward to stroke her mane. He made some room on his bed for her to lay across his lap and also on the bed. It was a comfort for the both of them. Kizu nuzzled her head into his stomach and he continued brushing his fingers through her silky fur.

They stayed like this for a long time, neither knowing what day it was, until a nurse entered and almost passed out. Kizu's growl was low and threatening and Izuku whispered to her that the nurse wouldn't hurt him, and was here just to check up on him.

"It's fine. She won't attack you unless you give her a reason to," Izuku assured. "Do you need to check my vitals?"

Izuku held out the arm with the needle in the crook of his elbow. The nurse gulped and slowly walked toward him, keeping an eye on Kizu.

"How long was I out?"

"Just 2 days. Your teacher, the black haired one, has come by to check on you. He just left though because visiting hours are over. Your other teacher, the one with the helmet, visited you as well." The nurse paused then looked back at Izuku with an emotion he couldn't quite place. "We were unable to contact your mom. She kept sending us to voicemail."

"Figures." He looked back up at the nurse with a kind smile that didn't fully reach his eyes. "It's fine. I hadn't expected her to visit anyways."

The nurse nodded almost solemnly, and continued to go through checking his vitals, replacing the IV, and writing the information she saw onto the clipboard in her hands. When she finished, she made her way out of the room as quickly as possible, sending one last look towards Izuku before closing the door. Izuku, on the other hand, went back to stroking Kizu's fur, grounding both of them.