38

All four teens (and BitchBoy, but Izuku doesn't really care about him and plus he splits off from them pretty quickly) are finally allowed to leave the infirmary for the thirty minute break between the Semi-Finals and the Finals. Goldie scampers off to his group of friends, face red, and Toshi, MeiMei, and Izuku all decide to just go walking around the halls aimlessly. It's not like they really have anything to plan. MeiMei knows she's not going to win her next match and Izuku just wants to get his mind off his next match. CandyCane is angry, that much Izuku can see, and the bi-colored teen thinks that the other will only continue to get angrier.

Maybe he can use that anger against the teen though.

Either way, whether he can use the anger against CandyCane or not isn't important right now. Because seeing as how it's just him, MeiMei, and Toshi, MeiMei apparently decides now is a good time to ask Izuku a question that's been on her mind since the boy had told her that he was living with Mr. I-know-what-I'm-doing-here and his husband.

"Hey ZuZu? When you finally get out of her custody and legally taken in by your adults, will you update your quirk registry?"

Izuku's steps stutter, but he keeps walking. He's...never actually thought about it. He never really thought that he'd get out of Inko's grip other than staying over at MeiMei's, but now that she's going on trial and will most likely end up in jail for a lot of crimes, he can think about it.

Doesn't mean he wants to though.

"I dunno. Maybe." Izuku says, humming in thought. "What would I even call it officially? I've been calling it Yeet since it manifested. I don't think I can call it Yeet on official government papers though."

"Talk to your adults about it. They might have some ideas." Toshi offers.

"Yeah. I'll bring it up." Maybe . Is unsaid but is heard loudest by the other two.

"Wait, what do you mean 'legally taken in' by them? I'm already living with them. What more could they do?" Izuku asks, genuine confusion in his voice.

MeiMei and Toshi share a look over his head that he can't discern and Izuku suddenly feels a pit grow in his stomach.

"What do you mean MeiMei?" Izuku asks again.

"When the adoption becomes official, obviously." Toshi answers for her.

"That's if they don't change their mind." The pit grows with his words and Izuku hates it. "I don't have high hopes for the possibility that they won't."

"Zuku..." He knows that voice. It's the voice MeiMei uses when she wants to get more answers out of him, but doesn't want to push.

Izuku smiles to himself because the MeiMei of almost a year ago would have continued to push and she's come so far in social cues. That's not important right now though. What's important (in Izuku's eyes at least) is that he should get away before he has to go through some sentimental talk.

Feelings are to be bottled and then released upon villains. Not talked about with other people.

"I'm gonna go tinker some. See you later!" Izuku says, forcefully bringing cheer into his voice. Running off with a final wave to his friends, Izuku looked for an empty room. He has a lot to think about and he'd rather do it alone.

"Waitー" The words cut off as Izuku got further, and he didn't look back.

His search for an empty room turns into a search for his class' prep room because the rest of his inventions are there, and well, he did say that he would work on them.