21.

The next day, Shouta woke Izuku at 11:15 am claiming that the teen needed to get ready to head down to the station. Shouta watched as Izuku groggily got out of bed and left the boy to his devices.

It was 15 minutes later when the boy walked out of his room, hair attempted to be tamed, teeth brushed and clothes on. He wore his favorite pair of ripped black jeans and a pre-quirk era band t-shirt with the sleeves cut off to the middle of his torso, over a black skin tight long sleeve shirt. Shouta didn’t know the band, but he appreciated that the boy at least wore an undershirt with the ripped t-shirt.

Handing Izuku his own plate of toast and eggs, because he doesn’t know how to cook all that well and Hizashi is at the studio, he sipped on his cup of black coffee. The moment Izuku finished his food, the kid jumped from his seat and ran to the genkan to put on his black combat boots.

‘Does the kid not wear anything other than combat boots?’ 

“Alright kid. So we’ll stop by the station to give your statement, which shouldn’t take more than one to two hours, give or take a few minutes. After that we can stop by the mall and you can get some new clothes or things for your room if you want.” Shouta explained.

Izuku nodded in confirmation that he understood and stood up from where he was tying his shoes. Turning around, the kid gave him a Cheshire grin and asked, “You mind if I summon Kizu to hang out with me in the station?”

Shouta felt dread crawl up his spine but sighed and responded with a “sure go for it kid” anyway.

Shouta sighed and hustled the Problem Child and dire wolf out the door.

When they got to the car, Izuku slid into his seat before Kizu slid in after him, resting her head on his lap.

The ride to the station was quiet, the only sound being Hizashi’s station playing as background noise. Every now and then, Shouta would hear the kid softly humming along to the song, Kizu chirping along when she felt like it. To put it simply, it was very domestic.

Arriving at the station, Kizu stood next to Izuku as the two confidently walked into the building like he owned the place. And, Shouta supposes, to any outsiders, a kid with a tamed dire wolf walking into a police station would own the place.

Officers stopped what they were doing and stared at the smaller purple a raven haired teen warily. Shouta walked up to the receptionist desk and asked for Tsukauchi. They were directed to the detective’s office and Izuku signaled for Shouta to go ahead because the kid wanted to let Kizu get used to the station and not be stressed. So that’s what Shouta did.

Shouta rapped his knuckles on the wooden door, opening it when a soft yet loud “come in” could be heard. He left the door open which caused Tsukauchi to look at him strangely.

“Where’s the kid?” Tsukauchi asked, looking up from the pile of paperwork in front of him.

“He’s here, he just has to let someone get used to the place so they’re not stressed.” Shouta replied, taking his seat across from the detective. He took the seat farthest from the door, not wanting Izuku to feel trapped.