34

Izuku stared at Goldie from across the arena. The boy looked...nervous? Embarrassed? No. No, those weren't the right words. He looked like a strawberry. Cheeks tinted rose-red and eyes darting around, looking anywhere but Izuku. Izuku tilted his head, concerned. Was he perhaps a bit too harsh earlier? No. The boy didn't look guilty. Izuku's not sure what the boy looks like, but he knows it has nothing to do with how Izuku lashed out at him earlier.

"Are you ready boys?" Midnight called out.

"Yup!" Izuku chirped in response, popping the 'p'.

"Mhm!" Goldie said, voice sounding oddly strangled.

Again. Weird.

"I'm sure you know the rules, but just to reiterate! No fatal blows, no detrimentally incapacitating your opponents. Once you step out of bounds, you're out and if you can't move you are also out! Got it?" She said, loud enough for the audience to also hear.

"Got it!" Izuku said, pulling out the knife he couldn't use against the other blonde.

"Uh-huh!" Goldie said, voice cracking.

"And start!" As Midnight's hand came down in a chopping motion, Izuku pressed the button on the hilt of his knife. The metal of the knife buzzed with electricity. The voltage was enough to give someone muscle spasms, yet the second button just below the first one could adjust it and seeing as how Goldie seemed to have some sort of electricity quirk, Izuku wasn't afraid to up it to at least 50%. 100% would be too much, even for someone like Goldie.

Right as Izuku held the knife in a better grip and lowered himself to the ground, MeiMei's voice rang out through the loudspeakers.

"Behold dear investors! The IzuMei shock knife! The voltage can go from 110 volts to 1.7 million volts! The name is a work in progress, but this baby has a voltage adjuster that you can adjust at will! As of right now, it is a dull blade because we were not allowed to build an actual knife that could hurt people." Mei ranted.

( Up in the announcer's booth, a raven haired man is wondering what his kid's weird obsession with knives is. It's the third knife they've showcased so far. The man's partner, on the other hand, is fretting over the hacked into loudspeakers. Shouta doesn't know why he tries. Hatsume's just going to do it again. )

Izuku grinned. They're both really proud of how high of a voltage they could get the knife to go. They were trying to make it so it could harness lightning ー like actual legit lightning ー but it was a hassle trying to make it not shock the user when it happened. Izuku already has enough electric burns (that Shouta, Hizashi, and Majima-sensei weren't happy to see on him) just from simulated lighting at 20 million volts. He doesn't think even he can withstand lightning at 300 million volts.

"Izuku don't you dare!" A voice calls out from the crowd. Izuku's not sure who it is, but he thinks it's Majima-sensei's voice.

Ignoring the yell, Izuku lunges at Goldie, aiming low for the kid's stomach. Goldie dodged, the knife just barely grazing his abdomen. Izuku wondered if it shocked the boy, but without being able to see the muscles without things like shirts blocking his view, Izuku wasn't sure. And there's the added factor of Goldie having an electricity quirk.