32

Izuku calmly walks onto the stage ー Hizashi's introduction for him going in one ear and out the other ー inventions strapped on his person just like MeiMei would have in her own fights. They had decided that MeiMei would take one half of the pile and Izuku would take the other half. It was more efficient and logical this way. They separated their own piles into smaller piles so they could showcase all their inventions ("Babies ZuZu! Babies!") in small increments instead of all at once. That would be overwhelming for all parties involved.

The eccentric (not in a good way, only MeiMei's eccentric in a good way) blonde walked onto the stage as well and smirked at Izuku. Izuku's brain already letting what Hizashi called the kid when he introduced them slip his thoughts.

"I've been curious what your quirk is, so I'm going to see for myself!" The teen declared, throwing his arms out to the sides and bending backwards in some weird knock off JoJo pose. No, Izuku's never seen JoJo, but he's seen enough videos to know what a JoJo pose is supposed to look like.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Izuku warned, not at all trying to stop the blonde. If he wanted to pass out from excessive lack of stamina then that's on him. Izuku has a higher stamina than most people so when he was a kid he found out that anyone without his stamina levels would immediately pass out if they tried to copy his quirk.

(Yes he's met people with minor copy quirks ー what do you expect MeiMei ー but it was usually for a few seconds and then he sent them on their way when they woke up.)

"Oh are you scared that you're not going to be able to compete with a 1-B student?" Blondie sneered.

"No, I just know what will happen if you try." Izuku shrugged, grabbing the knife from his back. ("No Shouta, it's not an actual knife. It just looks like one.")

Blondie scoffed at him and lunged the instant Midnight called go. Izuku dodged, pressing the button on the hilt of the knife and releasing a non-toxic gas that he hoped would make the target feel drunk and disoriented. The gas did come out, but Blondie didn't look affected. Damn. Well, back to the drawing board then.

"And that ladies and gentlemen is a baby made by Mei Hatsume and Yamazawa Izuku of IzuMei Co.! Name's a work in progress." MeiMei's voice sounded through the loudspeakers. The last part however sounds like it wasn't meant for the audience to hear and just a mumbling habit that she had picked up from Izuku.

Ah so she did end up hacking into them. How wonderful. Now Izuku doesn't have to do the talking.

"Hah? Are you using me to show off your stupid inventions?" Blondie growled. And wow isn't he similar to Bakuhoe. A little weird, but he can deal.

"Why yes, actually, I am. But don't worry, your embarrassment will be over once I get through all the ones I have on me." Izuku said, like he didn't just admit to using the blonde as a test dummy and was just talking about the weather.

"I won't let you!" Blondie yelled, rushing Izuku. The support teen kept dodging and using his inventions while MeiMei talked about them over the loudspeakers. He wonders if Hizashi's freaking out or not. The man probably is and Izuku's probably going to get in trouble for this too.

It was (what others ー who weren't Izuku ー would consider) a tiring game of cat and mouse. Izuku found it more boring than he did amusing, but as Izuku pulled out his last invention, Blondie finally got his hands on Izuku's skin. The minute the blonde touched Izuku, however, he passed out and Izuku looked down at the unconscious boy in disappointment.

"I told you." Izuku mumbled, sighing and picking up the boy. He didn't even get to use his favorite invention! This was awful! Down right horrendous! Izuku was so excited to use it too. Damnit. Izuku sets the boy outside the ring and lets Midnight confirm his win before picking Blondie back up and carrying him to Recovery Girl's medical wing, definitely not sulking the whole way.

If he was sulking, that was only for Nedzu (the weird rat-bear-mouse ー most likely with some stoat mixed in ー creature) to know since he seemed to always be watching those accursed cameras.

Blondie was out cold like the first time Izuku went over his own limit. It was weird seeing someone else affected by his quirk but he's seen it other times so it wasn't as weird as it could have been.

"Dearie what happened?" Recovery Girl asked when Izuku pushed open the door to her makeshift office with his foot.

"Just passed out all of a sudden." Izuku lied. Well it wasn't a total lie because the kid did pass out suddenly, but Recovery Girl doesn't need to know it was because of his undocumented quirk.

"Oh dear, that doesn't sound good." She said, taking his excuse at face value but still sending him a skeptical look, and leading him to a cot to lay the teen down in.

"Didn't look good either. I didn't even get to use my favorite invention either." Izuku said, laying Blondie down in the cot and stepping back a few paces to let Recovery Girl work her magic.

"Well, we'll just have to let him sleep it off I suppose." She sighed, turning around and immediately whacking Izuku in the shins with her cane-syringe thing.

"Hey! What was that for?" Izuku exclaimed, jumping into the air to avoid another hit.

"For those stunts you pulled during the first and second round. I may not know you all that well Dearie, but I've heard enough from Shouta ー and Hizashi but mainly Shouta ー to know that you're a troublemaker in disguise. I'm sure one of them has already properly given you a stern talking to and hopefully even a punishment, but if I see anything else like that happen again, I'm hitting more than just your shins." She warned, shooing him off with a wave of her hand. Izuku gladly left the room and went to the stands where MeiMei was most likely sitting.

Toshi's round was next and he wanted to be there with MeiMei to watch it when it happened. And be there with MeiMei to congratulate their friend when he inevitably won, because Izuku and MeiMei did not spend almost 2 months training Toshi with his quirk just for him to lose. Although neither of them would be truly upset if the boy did end up losing. They'd congratulate him and celebrate how far he had gotten nonetheless. And if their celebrating ended up causing Shouta a headache then so be it. It's what he gets for grounding Izuku.