37

Hawks was just trying to find the bathroom and instead, he overheard the end of a conversation. A very concerning conversation. Some bi-colored teen was talking about getting a family out of an abusive situation and what's weirder is the person on the other line mentioned Endeavor.

He wondered why they would be talking about Endeavor and why the teen had to tell the other person to wait until the Todoroki family was safe and away. His wings rustle quietly in agitation? No, not agitation, but frustration? Yeah, that sounds right. He's frustrated with himself and with what Endeavor could have done to get a teen trying to bring his family to safety.

And then he feels guilt. Guilt for not seeing the signs (are they signs if he doesn't have the full story?). Guilt for eavesdropping on a conversation that was clearly not for his ears. And guilt because he doesn't know how to help without letting it be known that he was eavesdropping.

He sighs and turns to find a student to help him. The first teenager he seems to be able to find (and why can't he find more when there's literally so many classes here?) is the Tokoyami kid. Hawks would be a liar if he said he wasn't at least a little interested in helping the teen learn how best to utilize his quirk. Except he's not really known for being one to want to help teach the newer generations of heroes.

Oh well. He does a lot of controversial shit. This can just be another thing added to the list.

The bi colored teen's words ring in his head as Tokoyami leads him to the bathroom.

"Well then don't do it. I can give you ways that will ruin Endeavor's career, but you need to wait until I can safely get your family away." Izuku sighs. "I can't meet up physically for a while, but text or call this number and I'll answer when I'm free."

Maybe he should tell a teacher. Shrugging to himself, Hawks pushes the instance from his mind. He'll think about it later.

"Hey. What's your quirk?" BitchBoy asked. Izuku's going to be honest, he forgot the boy was still in the room.

"What do you mean?" Izuku asks, poking Toshi's cheek and grinning at the playfully annoyed look on the boy's face.

"Exactly what I said. What's your quirk? It made me pass out so I want to know." BitchBoy demanded.

"I don't have a quirk." Izuku lied easily. Toshi snorted into his hand and Izuku grinned.

"You have to have a quirk. Otherwise I wouldn't have fainted when I touched you." BitchBoy said, very obviously getting frustrated.

"You touched me against my consent? What kind of pervert are you?" Izuku asked, a look of fake disgust overcoming his features.

"I-I'm not a pervert! Don't make it sound like I did something bad!" The blonde declared.

"But you did. You touched me ー without my consent, might I add ー and then passed out because you. Are. A. Per-vert." Izuku said, mirth dancing in his eyes for only Toshi to see. Izuku idly wondered when MeiMei would be done with her fight.

BitchBoy sputters and very obviously is looking for a comeback, but he can't seem to find one and huffs haughtily. Izuku smirks to himself and winks at Toshi. Toshi snorts into his head and tries covering it with a cough. Goldie looks at them with a strange expression that Izuku can't discern, but he doesn't bother worrying too much about it.

Izuku stops poking Toshi in fun and moves on to actually poking him to see if his friend is in pain. He knows that Recovery Girl looked him over and used her quirk on Toshi already, but even medical professionals can miss things sometimes.

"Zuku I'm fine." Toshi says, trying to push Izuku's hands away.

"I'll be the judge of that, Mr. Don't-Sleep-Till-I-Drop." Izuku says, flicking the other teen right between the eyes. Toshi grumbles, but acqueinces and lets Izuku do his thing.

"I know RG helped you, but her quirk isn't a cure all and you were encased in ice Toshi. Ice!" Izuku says, voice rising, then lowering to a whisper. "I can't lose a friend. I've done that once, I won't do it again."

Hitoshi doesn't know what to say to that last statement. Sure, Izuku has some heavily unpacked trauma from before they met, but he didn't think it was this bad. Obviously Izuku lost someone close to him when he was younger and it stuck. It stuck and now Izuku is worrying over him.

"Anyway! You sit right there mister and be a good boy. You're fine, but I don't trust you to not push yourself." Izuku declared, any indication that he had just unleashed a bomb on Hitoshi, unable to be heard in his tone.

Hitoshi felt like he was going to experience emotional whiplash. He's not going to call his friend out on it though. Izuku sometimes has quick moments of sadhurtpain and then he'll be back to Izuku. He knows. He knows it's not healthy, but it helps Izuku to get his dirtywronghurt (Izuku's words, not his, never his, because Izuku is his friend and any friend of Hitoshi could never have emotions that are wrong ) emotions off his chest without having to go into full detail.

"Yeah yeah. Make sure your little puppy isn't injured too badly." Hitoshi drawls.

"Oh but I already did! He's just fine. Isn't that right Goldie?" Izuku asks, turning to the blonde.

"Mhm, yep, definitely, 100 percent!" Kaminari squeaks, voice cracking in the middle of his words.

"He doesn't look ok. He's as red as a tomato. Maybe you should look him over once more. What if he's sick?" Hitoshi asks, enjoying the internal turmoil he's very obviously giving Kaminari.

"Nope! Not needed! Perfectly fine over here!" Kaminari tries to protest.

"He does look sick, but I think his face is just perpetually like that. He hasn't stopped being at least a little red since our match." Izuku says, humming in thought.

"Then maybe it has something to do with you." Hitoshi offers. Kaminari squeaks and vehemently shakes his head.

"Like what?" Izuku asks, looking away from Kaminari.

"Like a crー" Hitoshi gets cut off by a pillow being thrown into his face so harshly he falls back onto his bed.

"Toshi!" Izuku exclaims, surprised at the sudden attack of a pillow. "Goldie, what was that for? He was just trying to help."

Hitoshi can hear the almost pout on Izuku's face and he smirks underneath the pillow.

"He was sharing confidential information that is not yet to be shared with anyone." Kaminari says, voice cracking. Hitoshi chuckles. Ah he loves having no romantic or sexual attraction. It's the absolute best because he gets to see other people flounder when faced with a person they like.

"Why is it confidential?" Izuku asks, like the oblivious teenager he is, and Hitoshi has to wonder if Izuku's ever gone through normal teenage hormones.

"Because I said so!" Kaminari says right as Mei bursts into the room.

"I'm back bitches and I won! I got to show off more babies!" Mei cheers.

Her exclamation successfully draws Izuku's scrutinizing gaze and attention away from Kaminari so the bi colored teen can excitedly chatter away with the girl about their "babies".

Kami, Hitoshi has the weirdest friends. Well, at least they're entertaining.