10.

Never thought I'd post another chapter of this book, but someone seemed to want it to be continued so here you go ~Terry
Words count 1081

----

Hitoshi's day started out pretty great. He woke up to the familiar sounds of his dad in the kitchen. Still wearing his sleep shirt and boxers, he walked out of his room and down the hall. Stepping into the split kitchen dining room area, Hitoshi leaned forward on one of the counters and watched his dad cook. If Hitoshi had to guess, his dad was making some western style breakfast.

"Soooo, Dad. Whatcha makin?" His dad, not hearing Hitoshi come in, spun around so quick he splattered pancake batter on Hitoshi's face. "Mmm pancakes is something."

"Hitoshi, goddamnit why are you so quiet." his dad sighed in exasperation.

Hitoshi's mother had died during a villain attack when he was 3 and his father had been raising him without help for 12 years. Hitoshi appreciates his dad a lot and tries to help around the house when he's able. He knows his dad had loved his mom a lot and her death had taken the greatest toll on him. And he's been doing a damn fine job at being a single-parent all these years.

"I don't know dad. But if I want to be an Underground Hero I'd say, I have a pretty good foundation for it already." He quipped.

"Yeah Yeah. Stealth and hand-to-hand are important skills to have. You've repeated that phrase every chance you get since you first found out Underground Heroism was a profession." Flipping the final pancake, his dad plated the food at the counter.

Hitoshi smirked, digging into the food as his dad set it in front of him. Quickly finishing the food, Hitoshi called out a quick "Thanks!" before running back to his room to get changed into his uniform. He could hear his dad chuckle in the kitchen. Slipping on the itchy, blue uniform and not bothering with the tie, Shinsou exited his room. He read the clock on the wall in the living room. 7:15.

'Alright it takes about 30 minutes to get there by train so I'll have enough time to stop by that cafe and get some coffee.' Hitoshi's thoughts whirred. Rushing to the genkan he shoved on his shoes and called out a quick "Bye Dad! Love you!" before leaving the apartment.

He didn't have to rush, but he really wanted to have time to get to the cafe and still be on time for class. Making it to the train station he hopped from one foot to the other while waiting for the train to arrive. Five minutes later said train arrived and Hitoshi wasted no time getting on. Homeroom started at 8:30 and 1st started at 8:40 , so Hitoshi figured he had time. Looking at his phone for the time, Hitoshi noted that it was 7:25.

"Alright, that should still give me some wiggle room." He mumbled to himself.

Thirty minutes later Hitoshi arrived at his stop and got off the train, heading straight for the exit gates. Hitoshi walked to the cafe as quickly as possible without running into people.

He spotted the LED cafe sign and made a beeline for it. Standing in front of the shop, he composed himself. Walking through the door made the bell on top jingle. He walked up to the front and ordered a to go black coffee, nothing extra.

After receiving his coffee, Hitoshi glanced at the time. 8:10. Good thing the school was only another 10 minutes away.

Entering his new classroom, Hitoshi looked up at the board and found his seat. Far wall opposite the door, next to an already opened window. He nodded to himself and sat down.

~~~~~~

15 minutes later saw Hitoshi outside in the P.E. grounds of UA in a gym uniform. Their teacher, Eraserhead or Aizawa as he's an underground hero, had told them to meet out here, but for what, Hitoshi didn't know. He assumed they were going to go to the opening ceremony that all the other classes were presumably going to as well.

The rest of the class made it out to the field, standing in a group and looking to their teacher for directions. Aizawa-Sensei explained what they would be doing and proceeded on with the tests. Everything was going smooth sailing, or as smooth sailing as things could go for Hitoshi, when two students fell out of the tree next to them.

'Have they been up there the whole time? How did nobody notice them?'

Before he realized what was happening, Hitoshi was being dragged away by the wrist by the green-haired teen.

Izuku wasted no time leading Shinsou through the halls of UA and to his and MeiMei's classroom. pulled Shinsou towards the support classrooms. Once the trio reached the classroom, MeiMei opened the door for Izuku and Shinsou. Powerloader-Sensei took one look at them, sighed, and ushered the rest of the class to the opening ceremony.

"Just don't blow up the class while we're gone!" He called out behind him. Even though their teacher couldn't see them, both Izuku and MeiMei nodded in unison. After the class left, Izuku continued pulling Shinsou behind him to the closest testing room. Closing the door behind her MeiMei turned on the light.

Turning around, Izuku beamed at the other boy. "Alright Toshi! Can I call you Toshi? I'm calling you Toshi! You're our friend now! No getting around it!" the smaller spoke quickly.

Shinsou, now 'Toshi' according to Izuku, stared at Izuku, gobsmacked. Obviously this wasn't what the hero student was expecting his first day to be like. Izuku didn't care though. All he wanted was answers.

"Alrighty! Let's get down to business!" MeiMei exclaimed.

"Wait wait wait. What am I doing here? Why did you abduct me? I was in the middle of class. And why didn't your teacher stop you?" Toshi asked, obviously confused and maybe a tad uncomfortable.

"TO EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR QUIRK OBVIOUSLY!" MeiMei jumped up and down while Izuku grabbed a notebook out of thin air. Neither of them bothered to answer his other questions, leaving Toshi slightly exasperated.

"Uh- ok but why?" Toshi asked, making Izuku look up.

"Because we have questions and theories about your quirk." Izuku voiced, like he was talking about the weather.

"Right so first: how does your quirk work exactly?" Izuku questioned.