23.

Shouta watched as Izuku bounced with a chocolate shake in hand. Smiling behind his capture scarf, he continued to keep an eye on the boy. They were looking through stores to find things that the boy could use to decorate his room. Izuku kept saying the clothes he had were enough, but Shouta insisted that they buy at least a few more shirts and pants (that weren’t cargo pants because have you seen the amount of cargo pants that boy owns? It's insane).

They were currently heading to a store Izuku said he had wanted to visit, when the kid stalled in his bouncing. The kid’s eyes were locked on the fountain in the middle of the mall below them. Following the teen’s gaze, Shouta saw a pudgy, green haired woman talking to a slightly taller, gaunt brunette woman.

Shouta scrutinized the green-haired woman and noticed how similar she looked to Izuku before the kid dyed his hair. Snapping out of his daze quickly, the man walked up to Izuku and gently helped him release his white-knuckled grip on the railing.

The kid looked up at him then back down at his assumed mother. Whipping around the kid closed his eyes and started to slow his breaths back to a normal pace. Shouta stood next to Izuku and continuously rubbed circles in his back.

“Can we go to the next store now? I’ll be fine as long as we don’t actually come across her.” Izuku looked up at Shouta.

Shouta contemplated it for a minute before agreeing and proceeding to lead Izuku to the next store. He sent off a text to Tsukauchi with the woman’s general location as they walked to the next store.

Izuku pushed thoughts of Inko to the back burner of his mind and looked around the store. There were a lot of pre-quirk era band shirts hanging on the racks. He distantly heard yelling from further down the mall, but ignored it in favor of looking for another ACDC shirt he could cut the sleeves off of and some sweatpants maybe.

“No more cargo pants, he says. You should get sweatpants, he says.” Izuku says under his breath as he goes through the different colors of sweatpants. And then his eyes land on shorts not too far off from where he is. As he walks closer, he realizes they’re cargo shorts . Shorts. Not pants. Ha! Beat that Shouta!

Walking back to Shouta, Izuku holds up the shorts for the man to see and smiles innocently.

“I said no more cargo pants kid.” Shouta sighs.

“But they’re not pants. See? They’re shorts.” Izuku quips.

“Fine, put them in the basket.” Shouta says after a long minute of Izuku doing his best puppy dog eyes. Izuku places his shirts and cargo shorts in the basket offered to him and skips away.

“Problem Child.” Izuku hears Shouta mutter as he skips away. Izuku giggles into his hand and continues looking around the store.

“Maybe I should get more combat boots. Leggings sound nice too!” Izuku says, nodding to himself as he navigates his way through the store, Shouta following not too far behind.

Tsukauchi looks at the woman through the glass. Shouta had messaged him with Inko Midoriya’s location, so Tsukauchi had promptly sent out a couple police officers to arrest her. More like bring her in for questioning, but he hopes he’ll be able to get the woman sentenced to prison, so he refers to her as being arrested.