24

Seokjin took a seat beside Jungkook, he felt thankful when Yoongi left without forcing him to answer. He heard the therapist and Jungkook's mother's conversation earlier, he told the satisfaction of any alpha's rut is the most needed thing for them to function normally. Their ruts need to be quenched enough for them to be strong both physically and mentally. He also remembers how the queen-mother looked at him when he entered the room.

He couldn't believe himself when Queen's mother asked him to follow her to talk.

" Seokjin, did you hear what the therapist told you?"

Seokjin nodded his head not making eye contact with her.

" I don't like you for many reasons, but now it's only you who can help my son. He needs his omega "

"Why do you hate me so much, Queen Mother? Is it because of my status?"

Her stare was sharp as if it might pierce through Seokjin.

" I am from a farmer family if you don't know Seokjin. I am from a poor family too and I never lived for status. I am the second wife of the majesty and my status in the palace will always be second. I never cared for that.

But, Jungkook...my only son, I always wanted the best for him. Jungkook presented as an alpha just like I wished, I wished for his happy life too which includes him having a stable position in the palace and an omega who loves him more than me if possible, and gives him the world, give him the family. I thought Jimin was the one for him.

But you....you came. Someone who doesn't love my Jungkookie, someone who always thinks of being in the war field rather than conceiving. Someone who was born for another alpha's protection. Seokjin, people call you Taehyung's shield. I can't take that when you are my Jungkookie's omega. So I hate you.

You saved Taehyung from a monster's attack when you were a kid, that time Jungkook was in me. From then you were named Taehyung's. Then tell me why I shouldn't dislike you. I want my son's mate to be completely his. I want his mate to love him but you just pushed him out on your first mating night. Do you even think about the consequences? Do you even know how other alphas will look at him? They made fun of him for being powerless. How he will get a stable position when he can't be a complete alpha in the first place? And it's all because of his omega...that's you.

If you don't care about my son then why I shouldn't hate you?"

Queen's mother's answer left him in disarray. Yes, indeed, he didn't love Jungkook, he never looked at Jungkook with that feeling but....things changed too....so many things. Now...Seokjin doesn't think he can be himself without Jungkook. Without knowing he gave his soul to him. How can anyone live Soulless?

" I am not interested in hearing your answers. I am here to remind your responsibilities. If you are unable to fulfill them then I have to think about other ways."

Queen's mother didn't even give a second for Seokjin to voice out his feelings. Again he never cared for his feelings. Seokjin is no one to her, he matters only when he is standing beside Jungkook in this palace.

Seokjin took a deep breath looking at Jungkook's sleeping figure. What's written in his fate after all?? He never thought of being the mate of someone in the first place and of course, not at all the prince's mate.

Here he is. He feels too lonely from time to time. Before he used to take a run in the village, help people with their work, or wander in the forest and get fascinated with nature's beauty. He used to forget his loneliness but now he forgot how to forget things he doesn't want to feel. He feels imprisoned. He feels someone jabbed him into this life.

He checked Jungkook's fever, he felt relief knowing his temperature was fine and no need for a cold bath anymore. He felt responsible for Jungkook's state that's for sure. But... There's something more in this feeling... it just feels too empty and he feels he doesn't belong here. When did his existence tie with Jungkook? Who made it like that?

He laid down beside Jungkook, his head on his alpha's chest. His hand winds Jungkook's hip. Somehow it felt better.

" what's all this Jungkook? What's this I am feeling here...in my chest? I am feeling so uneasy. I had never been like this.

I am sorry for pushing you away on our mating night. I...I was scared....scared to death. I....felt....its...I don't know why but for me... it's a really big thing...giving myself to someone. And...we were not on good terms... it's not like we are now. You are still that stubborn, kiddish, insensitive, brings out my bad part because you easily touch my vulnerable side....you just....come in...you know, I get scared the way you are becoming so near to me day by day. You became my normal. And...I am scared to lose it.

I am scared of these relationships Jungkook. What if one day I woke up and you were not there? Like...my mom...my father...what if? "

Jungkook can sense the tears smearing his bare abdomen. He wants to tell him to stop crying because Seokjin looks too ugly when he cries. Jungkook doesn't want him to cry.

" I am sorry, are you hearing me? Your mother's anger....burning me...you know it's affecting me but...I can't say anything. She is correct you would have mated someone like Jimin. I suck at being omega I guess. "

Then the silence gave distress to Jungkook.

Jungkook wanted to say yes seokjin is too bratty for being an omega but...he is he....he is the one Jungkook mated. His alpha chose him. He swore eternity with Seokjin when he marked him that night. That's what the bond is about right?

He became alert when Seokjin's warm hands cupped his cheeks, he felt a little.....shy.

" Look at you sleeping naked without flinching in this windy weather. I wonder what are you made of iron or what??"

From the shuffling sound he can make out Seokjin now left the bed and standing near their wardrobe. He still talking while getting Jungkook's clothes. It's not that Jungkook is completely naked, it's just his chest is bare. Now his breathing picked up when Seokjin pulled him up, letting him lean on his body as he helped him wear the shirt.

God, Seokjin's scent....it felt too warm for Jungkook to pull apart himself from him.

" I am feeling like I am taking care of a kid, Jungkook. Won't you tell me you are not a kid? Tell me...I won't hear...like..quarrel with me.....like you always did "

The shirt slipped out of Seokjin's hand and he hugged Jungkook, tightly. His head leaned on his bare shoulder holding Jungkook's weight in his warm hands.

" I am ready to give myself to you. Completely. Won't you claim your omega? Won't you alpha?"

Oh man, how Jungkook will keep himself when his omega asks him to claim him with so much sweetness. ?

Seokjin's soul left his body when he understood he had just been lifted and pinned down on the very bed. His alpha looking at him with an appetite which never going to get sated.

Jungkook is here... Alive.

His alpha.

" Seokjin, no take-back. You are completely mine from this night you belong with me....only me. I will claim you....completely. Not leaving behind an inch of you.

Are you sure about it Seokjin?"

Well, seokjin nodded his head. All he wanted was Jungkook. His touch, kiss, hug. His everything.

"Will you Kiss me as you mean it, Jungkook?"

" yes...I will. I will take your breath away "