31

The day passed in mourning, seokjin's entire body was covered in many clothes. The clothes are blood-stained. Jimin didn't move an inch from the body. He sat near Seokjin and mourned. He exhausted himself from crying.

They waited for Jungkook to come back, as Seokjin doesn't have any relatives and all his family is Jungkook, his alpha. But there is no news from the message transfer man. Nobody knows where Jungkook is right now. They decided to burn the body before the sun went down.

" Namjoon, I think we will only carry out the further customs. We can't wait until Jungkook comes-"

" But my lord, Jungkook is Seokjin's alpha. We can't burn his body without Jungkook getting a chance to say goodbye to him. We can't be this cruel "

" Try to think as King, Namjoon. You are someone going to be on the throne soon. People are losing trust in the throne, the monster's attack on Seokjin created enough fear in them, and we can't keep his body anymore. We can't keep bodies beyond the sunset.

I talked to the priest, and they will start their rituals....they...they will spray holy water all over the palace and we may have to leave the palace for a few days considering the demons might be all around the palace.

I...seokjin....should get the royal treatment. He is now royalty too. Arrange for his funeral. "

Namjoon nodes his head with no motivation to do anything. He feels he failed, and he let the situation reach this level. He would have....would have acted the day when he knew what was going on. Why he had second thoughts? Why?

" And...Namjoon, once you become king I want you to protect our kingdom from every possible problem, and also....don't forget you are human too. Don't make decisions that you will regret later.

Maybe my time has come * cough, cough*
I....feel my body is losing all the energy. I... We have to finish this funeral soon so that we can arrange a ceremony to pass the throne to you "

" Father, please don't talk like you are leaving us. And... I... Until I get forgiveness from Jungkook I can't take the throne, my lord. I am sorry "

King tried to keep balance when he moved towards Namjoon. His cough is increasing day by day and no medicines are working anymore. He spits blood in the morning, so he decides it is best to pass the throne before he goes to avoid all the unnecessary situations. He doesn't want his people to feel hopeless.

" Namjoon ah, right now I am a father than a king. I want to see you on the throne before I go. And I hope you will be successful in recreating the assurance and peace in our people. I want them to live fearless, in peace with happiness knowing their king will be there to take care of them."

" I will try my best Father. I will give my loyalty, blood, and sweat to our kingdom. I will protect our kingdom."

King smiled and let the tear slip. The guilt in him was alive for 25 years. Now considering he is going to pass the throne soon he can let his guilt engulf him.

Kim Seokjin's father Kim Nam Gil was the head of the warriors of their military. He gave his life to protect the throne. He has always lived for his title, a warrior who knows how to talk with his swords. King can't help but get amused seeing little Jin playing with a sword in her mother's arms. They always thought he was going to be the second Nam Gil.

Taehyung and Seokjin were born in the same year, they played together and got along very well. Everything was so good, their kingdom was filled with laughter, happiness, and wealth. King married the second queen as he fell in love with her when he went to the northern kingdom for the peace settlement.

The second queen was carrying Jungkook when the disaster started. They were expecting the queen's delivery in one week, and that day the palace got attacked by monsters. Everywhere there were weirdly looking creatures surrounding the kingdom, and people got scared to come out of their houses for a month before the King hurried to the palace from his hunting trip the disaster took so many lives.

Kim Nam Gil and his wife are on the floor and so many soldiers are dead, the bodies are torn apart and blood is spilled all over, the second queen rushes to the king and tells him what happened, and how Seokjin and his family saved Taehyung.

" Nam Gil, I won't let you die- "

King placed the warrior's head in his lap who is looking sadly at his wife's dead body and his son,seokjin who is crying near his leg.

" My lord I am happy that I get to serve the throne like my father. It's time for me, I...I have one request please.....please take care of Seokjin. My kid....he is the one who saved Prince Taehyung from getting attacked by swords. My kid....is a hero, my lord, I am so proud of him....let him serve the country....please...take care of him..."

Those are the last words from the warrior and still ring in the king's ear.

But King couldn't help but be selfish, selfish for his son and his family. A boy can save Taehyung from monster attawhichs it means Seokjin is someone capable of keeping Taehyung safe so how can he let him serve the country, he needs to be there for his son. As his shield. So he took care of Seokjin, kept him in the palace, and provided all the basics. He made sure Seokjin was there near Taehyung always and till now everything went smoothly.

He didn't expect his third son Jungkook will mate with Seokjin. He is someone king protected these years for protecting his second son. Seokjin is Taehyung's shield, and Jungkook's bond is not for a lifetime, he will lose his mate, it bothered him to the core. An alpha losing his omega is not easy, the fading bond will make that alpha weak, he never wanted to see Jungkook weak. He knows he has to accept their fate. He accepted it. But knowing how it was going to end made him sick.

Maybe he deserves this, deserves to see his sons fall apart for going against his promise, for being selfish. The disaster happened.

" Father, why are you crying?"

" Namjoon ah, you think your father got old hmm? I got the news about Jungkook being no more -"

" But it's not confirmed my lord, please don't believe it. I know my brother is alive, he will be -"

" The source is from the head of Trooper Namjoon Ah. We both know it can't be wrong. I am paying for all my wrongs. My jungkookie....i....."

King collapsed losing consciousness after coughing blood out, Namjoon's hands went cold and he looked at his father.

💗💗

You will get to know what's happening exactly in the Next chapter (maybe...next week if I complete the stats of my thesis )

Who might be the evildoer in this story?

( Hint: it's one person, no teamwork 😜)