ミ★ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 9 ★彡

You woke up in Recovery Girls' office. She healed you fully since you didn't have to participate in the rest of the sports festival. "Y/n, you're awake." You look over and saw Shinso. "Oh, hi. I didn't expect you to be here." You sat up. "Yeah, I just wanted to see how you were after your battle." He rubbed the back of his nape "I'm good, thanks for checking up on me. Also, where's Shoto?" 

"He's prepping for his next battle." You were shocked. "Wait, how long was I asleep?" He glanced over at the clock. "About an hour. your classmate and some Class-B student are about to do a tie-breaker." You ended up missing 6 battles. You pouted a bit, you really wanted to see the other battles. At least you could watch them later. "So, you lost against Midoriya. Y'know, I seriously thought you were gonna win. I even warned Midoriya about your quirk!" He lightly chuckled. "Yeah, I didn't expect it either. I still don't get how he was able to get himself to move. Guess my quirk didn't work all that well this time." 

"Y'know, my homeroom teacher, Mr. Aizawa... Back at the U.S.J, when the villains attacked, he told us 'You can't be a hero with just one trick' and he was right. You can't just rely on your quirk, Shinso, even if it's a powerful one." You looked over at the tv, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu were doing an arm wrestling match as their tie-breaker. "Even though you lost, I think you proved yourself worthy enough to be in the hero course. I kinda hope they place you in our class." He chuckled. "I don't think your friends would be happy to see me after declaring war on you guys."

"That's not true! Class 1-A is the most accepting group of people I've ever met! They don't hold grudges. Honestly, you'll feel right at home!" You smiled at him and stood up. "I'm gonna go find Shoto. Again, thanks for checking up on me. See ya Shinso!" he smiled and waved. 

You assumed Shoto would be in the same waiting room he was in before. You knocked on the door and heard Shoto's voice on the other end. "Hey, Shoto." He stood up and you smiled at him. "You're awake. I thought you'd be napping longer." Seems like Recovery Girl healed him enough. "I'm glad I woke up just in time. I get to see your next battle!" he smiled softly at you. You find it a little funny how quickly he's able to change his attitude when it comes to certain people.

"Are you really okay about this? I can't help but feel bad." You walked up to him and rubbed his head. "I'm 100% okay with this. I got to take a good nap too!" Shoto melted under your touch. You didn't expect him to place his head at the crook of your neck. His sudden action made your heart race. 

He honestly needed it. After the interaction he had with his father, he's felt so angry. He also felt bad about the comments he made about you and your mother. He just needed some peace, and you somehow always made him feel at peace. The two of you stayed like that for a while until you saw the tie-breaker between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu was over. 

"Shoto, it's time for your next fight." He lifted his head and he sighed. "Good luck." He nodded and left the room. You exhaled once he left, you didn't even realize you were holding your breath. You felt like your heart was gonna beat out of your chest. You didn't know why you were feeling like that around Shoto. He's just a friend after all. You calmed yourself down and made your way to where the rest of your classmates were. 

❦❦❦

"Y/n!" Uraraka and Iida didn't expect to see you. They thought you'd nap longer too. "Hi, guys. Sorry I missed your matches. I'll watch them later when I get home." They smiled and you sat down in the seat between them. "Thanks for waiting, everybody! The first match of the second round is a big match! From the hero course, it's Todoroki Shoto! And next, from the hero course, it's Midoriya Izuku!"

The crowd watched as the two boys glared at each other. It was clear there was some tension between the two. "At this year's sports festival, both have shown top-class performances! Now, Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!" The second Present Mic said start, Shoto shot his ice right at Midoriya. However, he was able to deflect it using OFA.