Dance til' your Dead

POV Warren
We got into our outfits and headed to the Kingdom from the Tavern. It was on the border of Purity Peaks. We went out of the Caverned village and made our way to the kingdom. Soon, we met the golden entrance of the gates. It was like heaven. We walked up to the gate. The atmosphere changes completely when you get there. I looked at Az'ryn and his eyes where fixed on the building. I guess he is nervous about this event. I would too if I was directly invited. Wait I'm going to as his plus one. The realization hit me that I was also going inside the kingdom. I grip my hand around his arm. Az'ryn looked at me and knew that it hit me. We walked into and was greeted with one of the butlers. He was in his black and white suit. We look around and everyone else who was invited they chose similar suits to us. We weren't alone, thank god. Az'ryn leads me towards a corner. "There are more people than I expected to be here." Az'ryn said. "Ya... I have no idea what to do, or act or say." "Yeah me too. This is my first time going to one of these things." We are the new people in the corner. We walk over to the table of food. There was samples of some kind of food that was really cute and menacing. A winding feeling brushed along my back. It caught my attention. I look back to see nothing but a guy walking away from me. It was a normal occurrence but this time it felt weird. I look back at Az'ryn who was stealing some food with his magic. Can't blame him this food is so good. I controlled myself but Az'ryn will need to work on it. Az'ryn looked up at me and smiled with his mouth surrounded by crumps. It was adorable. I wipe his face off a little and give him a little peck. He was hopeless when it comes to manners. He grabs a napkin and instantly wipes his face off. Az'ryn turns around to wipe his face off and pauses. I look at him and he leans over to my ear and says, "Did you see the guy earlier that walked by?" "Ya I did. Why?" Az'ryn turns back around. "He's was staring at us." "Did we do something?" "No, nothing that we're not supposed to do." Odd. I look around the ball room and it is magnificent. It is so open and crystal like. I makes me feel calm but also agitated. It is like something in me that is firing up wanting to destroy the place. I look back down and see someone stare at me in my line of vision. I don't feel Az'ryn next to me. Just me and that thing. "Warren? Warren..." I snap out of the hallucination I was in. "Ya." I see Az'ryn again. "Are you ok?" "Ya I'm fine just this place is beautiful." "It really is." The figure I saw looked just like the guy that was staring at us. Is something going on? No it's the kingdom and it is surrounded by guards. We're fine. There are more people here now most of us have arrived. Az'ryn's face gloomed down when he spotted a certain someone. "Axel." "What?" "Axel is here." He said in a low threatening voice. "Stay away from him, ok." "Ok." I didn't like Axel either. It has been like one and a half weeks since our last encounter at the shopping center of Azalea.

- 30 minutes later -

POV Az'ryn
I have felt off ever since I stepped foot into this place. There has been people staring at us, Warren keeps spacing out, and now Axel is here. I keep Warren by my side. There is also many guards... to many guards. It is probably my thieving magic but, it makes me think I'm going to get caught for stealing food. The architecture is dome designed. Many designs on the window. It has the light shining through in many colors. Red, orange and the rest. It felt like this experience was surreal and that I was in a trance. I wasn't but they were. As soon as the king started to go into announcing. Everyone around me went calm. I knew not to panic because then whoever was doing this knew I wasn't like them. I look at Warren and it seems he is under the trance too. That made me kinda agitated. The kings yells over the crowd, "Hello my dear comrades and Welcome to the Kingdom of Purity Peaks. We hope you have a great time of food, wine and company. As well as classy music. We hope this is the royal experience you have expectations for. And enjoy your stay. MAY THE MUSIC BEGIN." He then clapped and the music started to play. This was lesser than a normal formal ball you would expect and more like a social event. I rather get drunk with wine than socialize. I grab Warren and bring him over to the food again. I corner him so no one can see us. Once he was covered with shadow, he snapped out of it. "Az'ryn? What happened?" He said it like he woke up from a nap. "The light of the windows above are controlling everything. I have a plan to stop it." I did have a plan. I noticed that the king wasn't get effected by the light so he must be the one behind this. There was also a long hallway he came out of. He also seems to have taken an interest in Warren. Although this is going to hurt me but, I need Warren to distract the king. By dancing with him. I told Warren the plan and he was hesitant at first but, he knew it was the only way. I would sneak behind into the hall way and destroy the thing controlling them. And I really thought I would get to dance with Warren. Nope. A few minutes later there was the music. The slow dancing music it was time for the plan to be set in motion.