seven

"Well?" I ask standing at the foot of the couch in my living room with my arms crossed.

"I'm not playing your stupid games Kiara!" My father shouts. He turns to Isaiah, "And you. you clearly don't know who you're dealing with Rhodes." He turns back to me. "And you, my beloved daughter. He'll use you and once he's done with you, he'll smash you to little pieces. Mark. My. Words."

He turns to leave and begins walking.

"Don't worry, Mr. Dimmich, your daughter is safe with me." Isaiah says smirking.

My dad stops when he says that, but begins walking out the door again, pushing past Isaiah.

"Kiara-" Hunter starts to say.

"Don't say a fucking word to me unless it's the explanation of all of this." I say turning back to him.

"Just be a man and face it." Isaiah says leaning his back on the doorway.

"Hunter, you have one minute to tell me what's going on or I swear you will never see me again."

"Kiara I.. I didn't want you to find out in these circumstances, honestly I didn't want you to know about it at all."

"Get to the point." I speak

"Our upcoming marriage was arranged by our fathers."

"WHAT?" I scream. "So, all of it was a lie? How could you do this to me?"

"Kiara it wasn't like that."

"I hate you."

"I'll admit, at first it was just for the contract, but then I started falling in love with you but I was afraid you would break up with me if you found out the truth."

" So, you decide to keep building our relationship on a lie?" I ask. "I don't even understand how you agree to something like this."

"I-" He begins to speak.

"Just leave me the hell alone, I don't want to see you, EVER again."

"Ki-"

"Leave." I speak. My legs began to feel weak; how could he do this to me?

I watch as Hunter leaves the room, brushing up against Isaiah on the way out.

"Kiara-" Isaiah starts to talk.

"And you?!" I say walking over to him. "Did you know about this for the whole time too?? How and why?" I ask. "It doesn't even concern you."

"No, I didn't know I found out yesterday." He says

"How?"

"I just asked one of my men to do some research about Miller's family, I had a hunch that something was off about the engagement."

He walked closer to me and gently grabbed one of my hands.

"I'm sorry, Kiara." He whispers. "I didn't want you to find out this way."

ISAIAHS POV

She was shattered. I was afraid she would be, and she was. That was when I knew I screwed up, in such a short period of time, I started to care about her. And according to the plan, I shouldn't have cared about her, at all. But God knows I have.

Ever since, she somehow found a way in, there was always a constant battle inside me. between my feelings for her consciousness of what I was supposed to do.

Fuck.

A few hours later/Kiaras pov

The news about my arranged marriage had brought up a storm of emotions within me. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do with my life. People around me never noticed what I was going through. Everyone always thought I had a perfect life. Many envied me, money, fame, position. But no one, no one ever noticed how damaged I was. No one noticed the demons I was fighting with. Every. single. day. The kind of demons that are invisible. Because they live inside you, inside your head, your soul broken into pieces. You can't see then with your naked eyes.