ten

"I couldn't help the eavesdrop from inside the house, through a window. I pull pack the silky blue curtains and see my father standing not too far away. I was beyond curious what this was all about. I mean the fight between our families ever since I recall. I've never really known the reason for it."
________________________________

Kiaras pov

• • •

I couldn't fall asleep. Dozens of different kinds of questions were crossing my mind. What kind of deal did Dean Rhodes mean? Why do they despise eachother that much? Who was or who is Rose?

The next day

• • •

I wake up the next morning and immediately turn to my closet to find my school uniform, before walking out of my room to find my father standing in the hallway, his eyebrows raised and his arms crossed.

"Jesus! You scared me to death." I say closing my eyes.

"Stay away from Isaiah Rhodes." He begins. "And his father, for your own good, Kiara."

"Why would I do that?"

"I said, for your own good."

"Why would I listen to you when all you've ever done is hurt me? Do you expect me to believe your words now?" I sigh. "They've done nothing to me, but you..." I pause rethinking my actions. "I'm gonna be late for class, excuse me, daddy." I walk straight past him.

I got inside our car, expecting to meet Julian there. He was usually the one driving me to school, but since I heard a familiar husky voice which gave me chills whenever I heard it.

"Goodmorning Miss Dimmich."

"Isaiah?" I say, squinting my eyes in the rearview mirror, which reveals his deep brown eyes. "What are you doing here? And how, wheres Julian?"

"Julian knows me from when I was a kid, he agreed to switch cars with me, he went to your school and when we get there, we'll switch cars again so your parents don't suspect anything."

"You're insane." I laugh.

"I told you I would drop you to your school." He turns around to look at me in the backseat from the drivers seat. "By the way, you look hot in that uniform."

I roll my eyes at his comment, "Not in the car Isaiah. Forget it."

He turns back around in his seat and slouches down.

"Your breaking my heart."

"Shut up."

He takes a deep sigh and starts to talk.

"Kiara, I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

"About the situation with my father, yesterday." He clarifys

"Its not your fault, Isaiah, I know what my fathers capable of, and apparently yours isn't easy either."

"Yeah he isn't." He throws his head back onto the seat.