twenty-three

His mother sighs, remembering her news.

"I have some news about that boy, Isaiah."

"What is it?"

"Trust me, when I tell you this, she will leave him in a heartbeat."
________________________________

• • •

"What do you mean?" Asks Hunter.

"He showed up in California for a reason." His mother stops for the suspense.

"Keep going." Nags Hunter.

"His father and he wanted to take revenge on Dylan for Rose Rhodes."

"Rose Rhodes?"

"Isaiah's mother. They- killed her."

• • •
New York

The next couple of days were like paradise on earth. I felt like I was floating on a cloud of bliss, I'd never been happier before. We set the wedding date, and I dove into everything about the wedding process. But there were days only for ourselves. I loved how Isaiah was capable of making me feel the most intense physical sensations and sheer ecstasy. Our love life wasn't boring for sure, I'd say it was out of this world. The physical attraction between us both was undeniable. Every single time. It took only one touch and our bodies were set on fire. I forgot about my dark past. About all the dreadful things I'd been through and I thought it was all finally behind me. It seemed like I was going to be happy by my dream man's side. It seemed like he was my blessing. Little did I know, it was the calm before the massive storm.

"What are your plans for today, love?" Asks Isaiah. I stand inside the closet on my phone after picking out an outfit for the day.

"I'm going shopping."

"Shopping?"

"Mhm."

"I'm going to pick out my wedding gown."

"I can't wait to rip your wedding dress off you on our wedding night."

I roll my eyes and gently push him away.

"I haven't even picked out the dress and you already wanna rip it off?"

"Can you blame me?" His hand travels from his side to my chin. "Just a glimpse of you turns me on to the limit."

I open my mouth to speak but my phone starts vibrating in my back pocket. I pull it out to see who it is and see Jasmine's name at the top of my screen.

"It's Jasmine, I asked her to be my bridesmaid. She's helping me choose my dress today."

"She's in new york?"

"Yeah, I must've forgotten to tell you. She came here just yesterday."

"Where is she staying? She could stay at one of my apartments."

"She's staying at her sister's."

Isaiah looks at me and smiles deeply into my eyes.