eight

"Dylan!" Shouted Kiaras mom as she watched her husband enter the house through the front door. "Finally! Where the hell have you been?"

"Precisely in hell." Dylan replies, his blood still boiling from earlier.

"What?" Asks Cinthya, her eyes widen in fear. "Where's my daughter?!" She shouts.

"Your daughter chose our worst enemy over her own family!" Dylan shouts.

"What? What are you talking about? I thought he kidnapped her."

Dylan stood up straight and sighed. "She ran away with him." He spoke in an annoyed tone.

Cinthya's eyes widened as if they were about to pop out of her head. "What?!" She gasps.

"She embarrassed us in front of the whole state!" Dylan shouts at Cinthya making her jump. "The Millers are fueling over what happened! I can forget about winning the upcoming elections if she keeps acting like this."

"Thats impossible.."

"What's impossible?"

"Our daughter ran away with a Rhodes! It's some kind of curse can't you see?"

"Oh for fucks sake woman!" Dylan yells in disbelief. "It's not a damn curse it's their revenge on us!"

Cinthya crosses her arms and slightly squints her eyes.

"What do you mean, Dylan?"

"Make some connections, I thought your smarter than that."

"And you're so calm?!" She asks. "Do something! Our daughter is in danger."

"I tried, but she threatened me!"

"Maybe she wouldn't have done that if you were a father to her and not a bastard!"

"Maybe I would've been a father to her if my son hadn't died because of you two!"

"What?!" Cinthya shouts. "What does Kiara have to do with this?!"

Dylan turns and begins walking away from the conversation.

"DYLAN!" Cinthya screams "Dylan. She's, our child."

"I don't care." He says till facing the opposite way.

Cinthya let out a deep sigh to calm herself down from the heat in her veins.

"I just have to come up with something to avoid another scandal."

"Thats all you care about?" She scoffs.

"No. Money and position matter as well."

"You're sick."

"So are you, wife." He smiles and walks off.

At dinner with Kiara and Isaiah/ Kiaras pov

"Oooff." I say leaning back in my chair with a full stomach that feels like it might explode.

"What is it Ki?" Isaiah asks.

When that word slips off his tongue, butterflies fill my stomach. Lots of people have called me Ki in my life, including Hunter, but something about Isaiah saying it felt so different.

"It's just, from time-to-time reality hits me in the face."

"What's on your mind, love?" He asks.

"I have class tomorrow, and I don't know if I'm ready to face everyone there."

"Why do you think you're not ready?" He says as he places his hands on the table intertwining his fingers together.

"It's kind of complicated." I say my mind racing with thoughts of Hunter, then Trina.