twelve

⚠️Major tw for this chapter!
Please take time to practice self care before and after reading!
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673

"I was fuming already. After what Kiara told me about her father. I noticed how shaky she was, how her voice was breaking as she continued speaking. How tears well up her eyes. I knew something even worse would be coming our way.

"My ex-boyfriend, Aaron-"
________________________________

Isaiah's pov

• • •

I let out a deep sigh as I prepares myself for Kiara to continue speaking.

"Please tell me it's not what I think it is?"

Her silence is the answer to my question. I let out another sigh trying to convince myself to think rationally, but I can't.

"He's a dead man."

"Calm down Isaiah. Don't do anything stupid. Please."

"How could he..?"

I could hardly speak as I heard that horrible thing from Kiara. I didn't know if it was anger that outweighed pain, or the other way around. It tore my heart out of my chest, and at the same time filled it with so much fury and frustration that if he was anywhere around me, I would've killed him with my bare hands. How could men be such animals? He's dead. I swear.

"He was drunk. I was drunk. I was only 16. I had no strength. I was weak. I begged him not to do it but-"

I hear Kiara begin to choke on her words. I quickly walk a few steps closer to her and wrap my arms around her tightly.

"You don't have to continue, Ki. I see how hard it is for you to talk about." I pull away from her to look at her face. "Have you reported him to the police, or-"

"No I haven't."

"What? Why, Kiara?!" I ask. "Did your father take care of him?"

"No. It was my father who forbade me to speak of this."

I took a deep breath and turned around to face the other way so Kiara wouldn't see me. My blood was literally boiling. I couldn't show how furious I was to Kiara because I didn't want to scare her. But it took me all my strength to keep my anger bottled up.

"You don't have to say anymore, Kiara, I've heard enough."

I pull her in close and she wraps her arms around me.

"Give me his full name, Kiara." I say, pulling away from the hug.

"What?"

"Your ex, give me his full name."

She stands there silent.

"Kiara, if you don't tell me I'm gonna find out on my own."

"Isaiah, I'm scared."

"Scared of what?"

"That you'll do something bad or stupid. Forget about it, please."