twenty-two

"I am, Amanda." I say. "I'm ready to be by  Isaiah's side, no matter what. Theres no turning back for me, now. Please don't tell Isaiah for now, but..I'm pregnant."
________________________________

Kiaras pov
• • •

"Well, thats news.." Amanda speaks nervously. "Why haven't you told Isaiah?"

"I just found out today, and I'm a but overwhelmed with the news. We just got engaged and I know Dean isn't fond of our relationship."

"Once he finds out about the baby, he'll be fond of it, I assure you."

"I don't want him to approve of it only because of the baby. I don't want to feel like the pregnancy influenced our decision to get married and--"

"So that's why you haven't told him? You're afraid the baby would be the reason for your marriage?"

I breathe in a deep breath through my nose and out through my mouth.

"Kiara, Isaiah proposed to you for a reason, right? He had to see something in you that drove him to make that move. Your already doubting his love, Kiara."

"No! I didn't mean it. Its just that everything is happening so fast. I'm a bit confused. I don't even know if he wants babies."

I let out a deep sigh, hoping to wash my worries away with it.

"Please keep this conversation between us, for now. I'll tell him when the time is right."

"Alright, Kiara. Its not my place to tell him about your pregnancy."

"Thank you."

"I'm back, Ki. We should get going, right?" Says Isaiah as he and his father enter the room.

"Won't you stay for dinner?" Asks Dean, making Isaiah turn his attention to him.

Isaiah declines before I can say anything and we quickly leave.

At the house

"What a crazy day, huh?" Jokes Isaiah as I enter the bedroom after my shower.

"Right?" I walk closer to him, just inches away. "Isaiah?"

"Hm?"

"What do you think of having kids?"

"I've never really thought about it. Why?"

"Just out of curiosity. The whole Ashlyn situation had me wondering." I slightly smile back.

"Well I don't know, I guess maybe in a couple of years." He pulls me closer by me hips as his hand snakes to my jawline. "I like the idea of having kids with you, one day. You?"

"Yeah, I think I like the idea, aswell."

"I feel sorry for Matthew, though. I don't know if he ever wanted to have kids or not but you know. He doesn't even have a choice."

"Yeah..."

The next day

I wake up to Isaiah lightly tapping my shoulder.

"Kiara?" No answer. "Ki?"

"Mhmmm?"

"Wake up, its early noon."

My eyes quickly shoot open.

"Noon?! Impossible. I never sleep that long."

"Why are you freaking out?" He laughs. "You had to sleep off all the adrenaline from these past days. I made breakfast, come on." He tilts his head towards the door while not breaking eye contact.

"Let me get dressed, I'll be right there." I smile and wait for him to leave."

After getting dressed I made my way slowly to the kitchen on my phone, gently placing it on the island countertop.

"Looks tasty." I say, referring to the bacon and waffles that are on one big plate by the stove.

"What? Me or breakfast."

I prop myself up on the countertop, resting on my hands

"Breakfast." I say raising an eyebrow.

Isaiah makes a stupid puppydog face.

"You hurt my feelings." His face turns serious and he talks towards me to the point where hes standing in between my legs. "Kiara, I've been thinking about our engagement and-"

"And you want to call it off?"

He laughs at my comment and looks at me like, 'you wish'

"Never. We should set a wedding date."

"I've been thinking the same."

"And? Do you have a specific day in mind?"

"Maybe in a couple months?"

"I was gonna say the same." His hand gently brushes against my knee.

"Well, then its not enough to prepare everything."

He leans into my face and kisses me gently on the forehead.

"I can't wait to call you my wife. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I hop off the counter before he can do anything to heat up things between us, since he's already in a position that makes me feel butterflies.

"Lets eat." I smile, adjusting myself.

Los angeles, California

"Hunter, may I come in." Speaks a woman from outside the door.

"Sure."

The woman, Hunters mother enters the room seeing the eyebags under Hunters eyes.

"God, Hunter! Where have you been all night?"

He rolls his eyes and turns looking out the window.

"You know, clubbing, getting drunk, screwing random bitches. All because the one you chose for me, left me and is marrying another man."

His mother sighs, remembering her news.

"I have some knews about that boy, Isaiah."

"What is it?"

"Trust me, when I tell you this, she will leave him in a heartbeat."

A/N
Hey guys, ik I havent posted in a little over a week and im sorry for that, I havent had motivation to keep writing recently but I hope its back because I hate bailing on the story. This chapter took me so long for no reason, its barley even 800 words so its a little shorter than usual but yea, sorry again guys. Have a wonderful night/day! :)