twenty-one

"Isaiah?!"

"Ashlyn?"

I look down at her stomach and see a fairly large lump that wasn't there a few months ago when I last saw her.

"You're pregnant?!"
________________________________

Kiaras pov
• • •

I hear Isaiah begin talking in the other room so I walk towards him to see who he is speaking to.

"You're pregnant?!"

"What?!"

"Oh, sorry. Didn't realize you had company." She turned to me with her eyebrows furrowed above her eyelids.

Isaiah let out a deep sigh before he spoke again.

"This is Kiara, my fiancée." He said. "Come on in, Ashlyn."

The woman hesitantly walked into the room. Isaiah stepped behind her and shut the door then backed up again.

"Okay, whats going on? You got your ex, or whoever she is pregnant, and your so calm?!"

"Its not what you think, Kiara. I just need to call my father, now." Isaiah left the room and came back a few minutes later.

"Thanks a lot. I came here to avoid your father. I thought atleast you would help me. Talk some sense into Matthew."

"You know Ashlyn, it'll be for the best if we go. Matthew is at home, its the perfect time to clear things up. Because if I'm being honest this doesn't sound like him at all. He would never leave you like that."

"Are you insinuating that i'm lying?! I told him about the baby and he said its not his then disappeared for months!"

"I'm just saying, its not like Matthew. Thats why we should go get a clearer picture."

The woman rolled her eyes and left the apartment, leaving me and Isaiah alone. He turned to me and gave me a look that said 'I'm sorry.'

"Ill drop her at my fathers place, you should relax."

"No, Ill go with you. I don't feel like staying here alone,."

"Alright then, lets go."

"Isaiah?"

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry that I- That I lashed out like that. Its-"

"Its okay, Ki." He leaned down to my ear and whispered- "But next time you make conclusions instead of letting me speak a word, you'll have to make it up to me, later." He pulls away and I roll my eyes.

We shortly leave and when we arrive to Isaiah's fathers house, he his son and his wife all stood in a line in front of the woman.

"Good afternoon." Says the woman shyly.

"Good afternoon, Ashlyn. Its been a while."

"Right. Well maybe if Matthew accepted the fact that hes going to be a father, we would be seeing eachother on a regular basis."