eighteen

Isaiah calmly gets down on one knee and pulls a tiny box out of his pocket, opening it for me to see.

"Kiara Rose Dimmich, will you marry me?
________________________________

Kiaras Pov
• • •

I was in shock. The person I think I love just asked me to marry him, after only weeks of knowing eachother. The silence of the room is more overwhelming than the incident itself.

BAM

The silence is interrupted by gunshots in the next room over to the right.

A bunch of people gasp, Isaiah stands up off his knee.

"Security!" Shouts Dean.

Men run out of the room to investigate the shots fired. Dean pulls Isaiah's sister, Willow behind him, next to his wife. Isaiah quickly spins around from me to look at his family.

"Matthew, take care of Kiara." He quickly says before leaving to enter the other room.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please remain calm." Shouts Dean trying to silence the echoing panic amongst the people.

"No!" Isaiah shouts from the other room loud enough for everyone to hear.

I run towards Isaiah's voice but Matthew comes up behind me and gently grabs my arm to keep me from leaving the ballroom to find Isaiah.

"Are you fucking insane?!" He shouts.

I turn to look at him and yank myself from his grip and run back towards the direction of the noise.

I enter the dull room and see Isaiah on his knees, covered in blood, Daniel is resting on his lap. I slowly make my way to him and plop down beside Isaiah.

"Hold on man. Don't you dare leave me." I hear the pain in his voice and it breaks my heart.

Another man enters the room from the other entrance.

"An ambulance is on the way, sir." Speaks the man.

"And did you get the shooter?!"

"Our men are after her."

"Her?!"

Isaiah speaks as he quickly pulls his phone out of his pocket, holding it up to his ear after pressing a few buttons.

"Jacob?!" Isaiah shouts into the phone. He takes a deep breath. "Daniel got shot. Bring me the perp alive, I want to know who sent her."He quickly hangs up.

After Daniel was taken in an ambulance to the hospital, we were heading there. I'd never seen Isaiah so concerned, pain was written all over his face. In this moment it was better for me to remain quiet.

At the hospital
• • •

"God, why does it take so long?"

Me and Isaiah were in the waiting room of the hospital, he wouldn't stop pacing to save his life.

"It feels like forever, doesn't it?" He asks.