A Good Weekend.

Waking up to Kate and Felix snuggled up on the left side of her bed was a nice feeling. It was good to have some company after two months alone. Cat had gotten used to sharing, and going back to her empty apartment every night was a bit of a letdown.

Kate slowly opened her eyes. "Stop being a creep."

"It's not creepy if I'm staring with fondness. I've been blinking from time to time too, so it's okay."

Kate rolled over and stretched. "Your bed is so comfy... the one I have in the residence is bulky as hell. I'd missed this baby."

"Just the mattress?" She teased.

"And the pets."

"How's Lucky?"

"Healthy and fluffy, still living with Jack until I get my own place," Kate yawned. "Are we meeting your friends later, or is it tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow. Kurt and Harley have to work on Saturdays, so..."

"Yikes," Kate yawned. "D'you think they'll like me?"

"You'll fit right in, we're all young and sarcastic."

***

"Help!" Kate was struggling to stand after putting on the rollerskates. "Oh my God, why am I so terrible at this?!"

Cat held her by the waist, grinning. "You need to stand straight!"

"I don't do straight!"

"Shut up," she chortled.

Kate held onto Cat's arms with a death grip. "Please, my knight, save me!"

She laughed. "Here, I'll guide you."

The sun was warm, the birds were singing, and it was a perfect February day. It was Valentine's day, to be more precise, but they were making a huge effort to ignore that.

"You look so nice by the way," Kate said out of the blue. "Is that a new skirt?"

"You like it? You can borrow it anytime."

"Move closer to the bridge, I need to do something..."

Cat took her to it and Kate stumbled to a stop, trapping Cat between the bridge's barrier and her body. The archer placed her arms on each side of Cat's head.

"What are you doing?" Cat asked with a grin.

"I'm admiring the view," Kate looked her up and down. "Astonishing."

Cat pushed her sunglasses up and leaned to kiss her. Kate moved away. 

"Uh-uh! I want to ask you something."

"Okay," Cat was too busy staring at Kate's lips to notice she was being serious.

"What's Copycat's doing in Stark industries?"

The mutant pushed a loose strand of dark hair away from the girl's face. "You read the articles."

"People's crazy curious about it," Kate replied, moving away from her. "And they're asking me things because they saw me with you last Christmas."

"What are you telling them?"

"That you weren't much of a talker, you left as soon as we were done. See? I can keep appearances."

"I'm very proud of you," Cat taunted. "Alright, I think it's okay if I tell you now. What do you wanna know?"

"Is it really just a job? No, scratch that—"