Rescue Mission.

Sergei came looking for her again, she was blindfolded and taken to Billy's fancy dungeon. Cat pulled out Spider-man's mask from her satchel and threw it at Russo's feet.

"Happy?" She asked.

"I was expecting more blood," Russo eyed her casually. "You expect me to believe he's dead when you only have a few smudges across the face?"

"I don't like the smell of blood or how it tastes, I was careful not to get it on me."

The man laughed. "Heard that, Kraven? The mercenary's not a fan of blood!"

"She's telling the truth," said a voice above them.

Cat looked up and found Nightcrawler hanging inside a cage.

"Kurt!" The collar shocked her, Cat fell to her knees again.

"Easy, girl," Sergei had the remote in his hand. "Sit."

He shocked her once more and the mutant doubled in pain, her head was spinning.

"You were saying?" Russo turned to Kurt.

"She hates it," one of Kurt's eyes was swollen, it looked like his nose was broken too. He wasn't wearing any clothes but it didn't seem to bother him, or he was trying really hard not to show discomfort. "Her mask used to keep the smell away, so if I were you, I'd be mighty grateful she concentrated enough to get rid of the spider."

"Oh, but he wasn't our hardest task, he's not our last either, right, Kat?"

"Why don't you just kill me?" Cat growled.

"Cause that'd be a waste," he explained calmly, "D'you have any idea how valuable you are? Going against you is going against themselves. Someone who knows all of your weak spots, and can become the one thing that could kill you effortlessly."

"What happens if I refuse to keep going? Or if I kill myself?"

"Mr. Wagner used to be a pretty good assassin, with a little bit of training he can go back to the old ways. Right, Kraven?"

Kraven hummed. "Easy."

"The collar will keep him under control, and without you there to talk him out of it, Nightcrawler will have no reason to disobey."

"I rather eat my tail than work for you!" Kurt shouted.

An abrupt buzzing came from above, it was so aggressive she felt the ground vibrating. Kurt twisted in his cage without making much noise and fell limply as soon as the noises stopped. Cat whimpered not daring to look up. She was tired, and couldn't feel scared or sad anymore. She was numb all over. Russo was right, the collar was working, it was breaking her.

"What? You ran out of jokes?" Russo raised a brow. "Take her away. We'll give you time to recover, I want you to be fully awake for what's to come, so you can remember everything afterward."

"Mimi," Kurt crept to the side of his cage, he still had energy left. "Don't listen— just run, leave me—"

He was electrocuted again, and Cat noticed his cage was all metal, which meant he was feeling twice the pain she was subjected to.

"STOP IT!" She got up abruptly and ran toward Billy, but the man didn't budge.

Kraven pressed her remote and she contorted, falling to her knees. Cat coughed out, desperately trying to stay awake.

"Here's your next target, love," Russo pulled something out of his pocket: a picture. "You and Miss Bishop make a sweet couple," he threw the image on her lap. "Record the killing this time. Or bring her head. We should've asked her to do that from the start, isn't that what you do, Kraven?"