Another Team-Up.

"I'll be back before midnight I promise!" The girl rushed out of the house. "I'll be back soon— bye!"

She hurried down the street muttering complaints about her mother, she was so focused on this that she didn't hear Cat jumping down from the tree where she'd been watching.

"You should look both ways before crossing the street," she told her.

Kamala screamed and threw a beam of light at her, Cat dodged it easily. The young woman extended her spear and leaned on it as if it were a cane.

"You're smaller in person."

"You're Copycat," the girls said in awe. "And you know who I am... wait!" She realized she wasn't wearing her suit. "You know who I am!"

Cat grinned, though the girl couldn't see since the nano mask was covering her face. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong," the mutant continued, "but I heard Damage Control has something yours, right?"

"No."

"No?"

"It's not mine, it's my friend's," she explained. "My watches kept getting funky when I use my powers, and the Stark tech is better equipped to hold big chunks of energy— oh my god I can't believe I'm talking to another Avenger!"

Cat straightened her posture. "Another?"

"I met Captain Marvel a few months ago," Kamala's voice quivered. "I also met Nick Fury— they told me so much about you. Can you give me an autograph? It's not for me, it's for a friend but she's like, such a big fan and she made me promise I'd ask if I ever—"

"Miss Marvel— er... Kamala," Cat shook her head. "Sorry, how should I call you?"

The girl's mouth opened in disbelief. "Honestly? You could call me kid and I'd still cry about it later. In a good way though—"

"Okay, chipmunk," Cat teased her, raising a brow. "Maybe this was a mistake..."

"No no no no, wait," Kamala took a deep breath. "Sorry. It's just— you came out of nowhere so you can't blame me for freaking out. I mean, the Copycat knows who I am..."

"I thought I was like, the least favorite of the lot," she snorted. "Good to see I have admirers."

"You're the face of the Young Avengers!"

"There's no such thing," Cat crossed her arms. "Fury didn't tell you? There are no 'Young Avengers'."

"But he said that you were rounding up heroes!"

"No, I'm not!" Cat argued. She refused to be a babysitter for super children.

Kamala pouted. "So you're not here to recruit me?"

"Why would I recruit a fifteen-year-old?"

"Cause I have powers like Carol Danvers?"

"You're a hero with a bedtime. Those are the worst."

"I'm working on it."

Cat sighed, rubbing her forehead. "Okay, kid, I don't have much time so I'll just say what I came here to say."

Kamala fixed her pose trying to look professional. "Okay."

"Why did you try to blow up Damage Control?"

The girl's shoulders fell. "It wasn't me!"

"I saw the video, kid."

"Well, if you saw the video then you saw I was running away."

"What were you doing there, to begin with?"

"This woman lured me to the scene— crying and saying a guy had stolen her purse, and I didn't know what that building was, so when she told me the guy had run to the back of it I circled the place and then— ¡BOOM!"