Chapter 3

Derek looked at Stiles, nostrils flaring. He was off the sofa so fast, he had his nose buried in Stiles neck, causing her to squeak.

Both Noah and Peter were laughing.

"I don't know you but you smell like pack, like home. Why?" Derek asked.

"We are pack Derek."

"I don't understand what is happening. I can't feel mum anymore, and our old house is burnt down. But for some reason, all I can think about is your scent. This t-shirt, smells of you, but it also smells of me. Are we......together?."

"We arent together, no."

"I know you are someone special to me. I have no idea how I know, but I do. What am I to you?."

"You told me that I'm your mate. Well older you told me."

"Older me?. Mate?

"Oh boy, lets sit down. Me and Peter will try and explain as much as we can."

Derek looked at Peter. "I knew it was you, but you look different. Older. Am I older?"

"Yes, you are now 23 Years old Derek."

Dereks eyes widened. "And mum, dad? Laura, the others. Where are they, because I can't feel them anymore?."

Stiles looked at Peter, and back to Derek. "They were killed, by hunters. They surrounded the house with mountain ash and set it on fire. You and Laura weren't in the house at the time. Peter only barely got out alive. He spent years in a coma."

"Year's. But we heal. Why did it take so long?."

"The nurse that was looking after me, was actually poisoning me. Keeping me locked inside my own mind re living the fire." Peter explained.

"Where were me and Laura. Why didn't we stop her?"

"Laura wasn't meant to be an Alpha so soon. She panicked and took you away from here. You both went to New York."

"What happened to Laura?."

"She was brought back here from new York under false pretences. She was killed." Peter said.

"When was this?." Derek asked.

"About 2 years ago now. Same time I came out of my coma. The Alpha spark was passed onto you."

"I'm an Alpha?."

"Yeah. You have your own pack now, including me." Stiles said.

"Am I any good at it?"

"It took a while, you were never trained to be an Alpha, as it was Laura who was next in line. But your doing good now. You treat them right and they all respect you."

Derek nodded and looked at Stiles. "So why aren't we together, I mean if we are mates?."

"Well, the thing is you, I mean older you said we had to wait until I turned 18."

"What, that's utter bullshit." Derek scoffed.

Noah cleared his throat. "Look son, I know werewolves have traditions and different rules when it comes to this kind of thing, but Stiles is human. And she is underage. Older you respected my wishes, and he has also been through some stuff, he didn't want to pressure Stiles into anything until she was ready."

Derek nodded.

"Is there anything else you want to ask Derek?." Stiles asked.

"Who killed Laura, and our family?. How did I end up like this?."

Stiles dreaded this. She knew that Derek was seeing Kate at 16 so she didn't know how he was going to react.

"It was Kate. She was the one who set fire to your family."