Chapter 10

Stiles was fast asleep, Derek had just woken up after hearing the sheriff. He quickly froze as he walked through the door to check on his daughter. He had a stern look when he saw Derek. Derek was just thankful that their naked bodies were totally covered.

Noah whispered as not to wake Stiles.

"Down stairs in 5 minutes ."

Derek only nodded. He hadn't been shot yet, but there was still time. Maybe he could scarper through the window ?
No he needed to face his hopefully future father in law.

5 minutes later Derek was downstairs sitting at the kitchen table with a coffee in front of him. The sheriff sitting opposite with his gun laid on the table. Derek knew it was just for show because he couldn't smell wolfsbane.

"Didn't quite make it to Stiles birthday before sealing the deal, huh?" Noah asked pointedly.

Derek froze in place, not sure what to say.

Any minute now he was getting shot.

Any.

Minute.

Now.

Noah squinted at him as his jaw flexed. After leaving Derek to sweat it out a while longer, he finally said.
"I'm going to ignore Stiles age for now. She is already pregnant so there is nothing I can do or say about that. Let's just hope no one really questions it, how do I explain that technically no laws were broken when she became pregnant?"

Derek's eyes widened and he barely managed to reply, "I'm sorry sir, for younger me, and I'm sorry for now."

"Derek, her birthday is 3 months away, im not going to arrest you for having sex with my daughter."

Derek relaxed a little.

"But for the love of god Derek, Next time? For God's sake, don't do it in my house. Or, at the very least, keep the noise down. That way I don't spend another night fielding reports of my daughter being mauled to death in her bedroom by a wild animal."

Derek blushed bright red right to the tips of his ears.

"Understood, sir,"

"And please call me Noah."

"Yes sir. I mean Noah."

"Oh, and if you ever hurt her? They will absolutely never find your body. And I promise, I will get really inventive before I let you die."

"I would never hurt her, Noah but I hear you loud and clear." Derek answered, fighting to suppress a smile.

"Good. Welcome to the family."

Derek smiled. "Thank you."

"Have you thought about where you are both going to bring up the baby. I mean you can both stay here, but I'm sure you will want your own place. I don't like the idea of my grandchild living in that loft though."

"I hadn't really thought about it since I've only just found out, I agree about the loft. I suppose I will start looking."

"Have you thought about re building your old home. Peter mentioned it. I mean you own the land, it makes sense."

Derek tensed. "I'm not sure. I have thought about it before, but it still hurts."

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset you."

"No, you haven't, it is a good idea. I need to move on from the fire, it might be good to re build. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Does Stiles know about you and Peter?"

Noah almost choked on his coffee. "What?."

"I can smell you on each other. Also Peter spends a lot of time here, and he was the first person you contacted to come and talk to Stiles."