Chapter 19

Derek's wolf was going feral. He was thrashing and howling inside his head. Seeing Stiles all bloody on the floor, exposed and so small... it broke his heart.

He didn't look at Deaton. His eyes were all the time on Stiles face. He was scared that if he looked at what Deaton or Melissa were doing, he would lose it and his wolf would take over.

"It's going to be okay baby, you and peanut are going to be fine, we are going to be a family." Derek cried. He was trembling. Completely scared and useless.

"Please." he whispered with closed eyes and mouth on Stiles skin. "Please don't leave me. I will do anything, anything you want. Baby, please, I love you. Don't leave me. Don't leave us"

He cried. He wasn't ashamed of that. He had a reason to cry and so he was going to do that, no matter what would someone else think. Besides he could hear Isaac's cries.

Derek tangled his fingers in sweat-soaked hairs of Stiles and massaged her head, hoping it will help. She was still crying, groaning and whining. She was trembling just like him.

Suddenly there was a loud cry in the living room. It was new sound, belonging to someone Derek has never before hear.

He looked up at Deaton. He was covered in blood and sweat. He held in his arms a crying, screaming baby.

His baby.

His pup.

He was bloody, covered in fluids. Red and wrinkly, but still beautiful and perfect.

Derek watched in amazement as Melissa took his baby from Deaton and cleaned him up. Deaton went back to working on Stiles.

Stiles who wasn't moving.

Derek looked at her. In panic he started to shake her carefully.

"Stiles?" he asked brokenly. "Stiles?"

He could hear her heartbeat. Thanks to that he knew she was alive, but she still was unmoving, completely non responding.

"Calm down." Deaton snapped at him when he whined loudly. Even louder than the baby's cries. "She passed out from all of the pain. I'm surprised she didn't do that sooner."

"We should take her to the hospital." Isaac said hoarsely.

"I'm going to stitch her up. Then we can move her."

"Here." Derek heard Melissa saying. He looked up from Stiles face and saw the woman holding his son. He was wrapped in fluffy, white towel. "Hold your son, Derek."

Derek slowly let go of Stiles hand and reached out to Melissa. She smiled and passed him the baby.

He was so small. Small, but healthy. His son had had another few weeks to be born naturally, but at that moment he looked and smelled healthy. Derek was right, he was a werewolf. He smelled like a wolf.

He was perfect. Derek cried holding him.

His son, his family. He held him in his arms and thought that he never wanted to let go. He just wanted to curl up with him around Stiles and stay like that forever.

**

Waking up was full of pain and confusion. Her head was spinning, eyesight fuzzy. Stiles had no idea what was going on. The last thing she remembered was seeing Isaac on the floor, and Ms Blake standing there.

Then just pain. Radiating from her belly to her whole body.

Oh god.

Peanut

She shot up completely ignoring the pain and sudden nausea. She clutched her belly.

It was empty. Peanut wasn't in her. Her belly was empty and it was so wrong. What happened to her baby? Where is he?