Chapter 14

It was Stiles 18th birthday, finally.

Stiles and Derek were currently sat having a candle lit meal. Peter had taken Noah away for the weekend, out of the way, knowing that Stiles intended to be fully mated.

"Can we complete the mate bond tonight ?." Stiles asked.

"Say that again?"

"I Want to be mated to you Der, I've waited long enough, don't you think." She smirked.

"Really? You're sure"

"I'm 100% sure."

"I can't believe it. God, I'm so happy." Derek buried his nose against her neck, scenting and kissing her pulse point.

She tilted her head away to give him better access making a pleased noise. "Me too"

They had now finished there meal, and had put the plates in the dish washer.

Derek grinned and kissed Stiles. His hands smoothing over her hips and waist, and stroking her belly. He pinned her to the counter, trying not to squish the baby, as he kissed her deeper, more hungrily.

Stiles wrapped her arms loosely around his neck, loving his attention.

She was lost in warmth of his kiss.

Derek grinned and released her slightly. "Do you have any questions?"

She nodded. "How does it go again?"

"So our bites will be here." He made a small oval circle on her wrist and it sent a shiver up her spine. He smirked before continuing. "I have to go first to start the process so that when you bite me it will scar. It's all about intentions. So you have to be thinking about me, us and how we are bonded. And you do have to break skin, baby."

She nodded, her stomach twisting a little at the thought. They bit each other all the time, during sex but never breaking the skin. Just leaving bruises.

"Does it have to be during sex? I mean that's kind of hot in theory but the idea of blood in my mouth and in our bed kind of freaks me out a little. I'm afraid I'll ruin the mood." She gave him a lopsided look.

Derek took her hand and squeezed it, making her look up at him. "It doesn't have to be during sex. Wolves don't bleed very much during the process because of our healing factor but you are and will remain very human during all of this. So your healing time will be like you'd expect, which can mean blood. So we don't have to have sex at all to bond to each other.

"Don't get me wrong, I totally want to have Officially Mated Sex,  but maybe after I get bandaged up and rinse my mouth."

Derek laughed at her but nodded. "You have such a way with words, baby. You never cease to surprise me at how you can give an official title for just about any kind of situation for sex."

She grinned, feeling more comfortable now that they had a plan. "It makes it special. How boring to have plain old sex all the time. But make it official and bam, it's an event."

Derek laughed at that. "I didn't realize the spark had gone out of our sex life and it needed special titles to make it exciting again."

She gave him a mock solemn look and patted his hand as if giving consolation. "It's true. I know all your moves. I've been trying to put on a brave face but there it is. It was a good run."

Derek rolled his eyes at her dramatics and gave her a chaste kiss. "Well I guess the fact that the Mating bond increases sensations during sex is coming at a good time then. Hopefully it'll save our relationship. Though it sounds doubtful."