•Part ten

TW : infertility

You stayed at Dionne's house for pretty much the entire day. Angelina went home to George at midday, but Dionne understood that you didn't really want to see Fred right away so you stayed until the evening.

When you finally went home at ten o'clock, Fred was asleep on the couch and you didn't know so you accidentally woke him up by the sound of your keys rattling in the front door.

There was empty beer bottles and glasses with tiny amounts of alcohol left over in them that Fred had failed to drink. He woke up and started running his eyes and he let out a few coughs. You walked into the kitchen to get yourself a glass of water and he sat up.

You took your bag and water then headed over to your room, opening the door to walk in.

"Alexa." Fred spoke.

"No." You said and walked into your room, the door shutting after you.

You sat your glass down on your bedside table then sat down on your bed. Your inners thighs felt somewhat wet, so you decided to look and see what it was.

You pulled your jogging bottoms down and saw blood trickling down your thighs. This had been happening ever since that night Luke raped you, you didn't know how to stop it so you made an appointment at the hospital.

You were scheduled to go tomorrow, but you had to get in the shower and clean it off now.

•••

After your shower, you got changed into some trousers that you didn't care about so you wouldn't mind if they got bloody and stained. You got into your bed and got cozy to try fall asleep, but you were struggling to sleep even more every night.

You find it better to sleep in the presence of somebody, you didn't know why but it made you feel better and safer. Fred was probably still mad at you and you didn't want to talk to him still, so you grabbed a pillow and pretended it was a person to protect you during the night.

You couldn't sleep after a while of trying to, so you got out of your bed and went to the kitchen to refill your glass or water. You turned the tap on and filled it up, turning it off again and leaning on the counter whilst drinking some.

The sound of Fred's bedroom door filled your ears and you saw him with an empty glass of water too. He saw you and stopped for a few seconds, swallowing on air and walked towards you. He turned the tap on and watched as the water poured into his glass, turning it off once it was almost full.

He leaned on the other side of the counter and took small sips of his water in silence, the two of you not looking at each other at all. He finished his water and put the empty glass in the sink carefully.

Fred stood up straight and was about to start walking into his room when you opened your mouth and started talking.

"Why are we even arguing?" You asked and he sighed, looking at you to see you looking back at him.

"I don't know." He admitted then thought for a few seconds. "I was mad at you about me going into prison. It was stupid, I know."

"Yeah, it is stupid but I know I shouldn't have gotten mad at you too." You told him. "If you are sorry.. then so am I."

"I'm sorry." He told you and you smiled.

"I'm sorry." You said back and he smiled too.

The two of you just stood there looking at each other in silence before you spoke up.

"I have a doctors appointment in the morning, so I need to go and get some rest." You told him.

"Okay, go get your rest. I hope it all goes okay, if you want me there then just let me know in the morning." He told you.

"Thank you but I'm alright, this is something I need to do alone." You smiled. "Goodnight."

You walked off into your bedroom before Fred could say anything. You laid down in your bed and somehow managed to drift off to sleep easily.

•••

It was twelve o'clock and you were sat in the waiting room at the doctors. They had taken swabs on your vagina and around the area, they also looked at the bruises and small cuts on your thighs to determine if they were infected.

You just had to wait for the news now.

You picked at your fingernails for a while, then your doctors came out of a room with some pieces of paper. She asked to see you and she led you into another room where she would give you your results.

"Hello again, Mrs Weasley." She said and you waved slightly. "I have your test results back and I have some good news, and some bad news. Which would you like to hear first?"

"The good news, please."

"The good news is that the bruises and cuts in your thighs are not infected, they are healthy as bruises and cuts could ever be and should start to fade soon."

You sighed out of relief and smiled.

"The bad news is the swabs we took from the inside of your vagina, told us something life changing. The results told us that you are infertile. You can no longer have children. I am so sorry, Mrs Weasley."

The doctors continued to talk more, but you couldn't hear a thing that she was saying. You were so confused on how this could happen, you didn't want to believe it.

Ever since you were a little girl, you had dreams about growing up and having a family of your own. You wanted two kids, one older boy and one younger girl. You had names that you loved and names that you hated.

How could all of that be taken away by somebody you thought was your best friend?

Word Count : 1015