•Part twenty two

Fred and you were sat down at the table with plates of food in front of you and him. The two of you were talking about some of the most random stuff, but then Fred asked about your family.

"I've met your parents a few times, but I've never actually spoken to them properly or got to know more about your family." He told you. "Tell me about them, I want to know as much as I can about you because I never got a proper chance to."

You didn't have the best family ever. Your parents were great, but it wasn't them. You had a bad childhood and didn't really like speaking about it, but you knew Fred would find out eventually.

"I love my parents, they mean the world and more to me but they can be a bit too much sometimes. They arranged marriages for me and my brother when they both know we didn't want to." You said and then noticed what you said.

"Brother? You never told me you had a brother when we were talking about siblings, you said you were an only child." Fred said.

"I am. I'm an only child." You told him and he got even more confused.

"How can you have a brother and be an only child at the same time?" He questioned.

"I had a brother. He passed away when I was sixteen and when he was twenty one." You told him and thought back to your brother.

Fred stopped eating and laid one of his hands on the top of yours to comfort you. He knew you didn't want to talk about your past and that's why never had before, so he knew it would be hard for you to have told him that.

"I'm so sorry, love. How did he die?" He asked and looked into your eyes.

"Dark magic, a death eater used the killing curse on him in front of me." You said and swallowed the air.

"Oh my gosh." He was shocked. "Are you okay about it?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. It happened a while ago, I'm over it now." You lied. 

You thought about your brother quite a lot. Growing up, he was your best friend and the person you would turn to if somebody was picking on you or if you just wanted company. You two were inseparable since the day you were born, it killed you when he died.

Your parents lost themselves when he died too. Your father spent most of his time at work but when he wasn't at work, he was out drinking to avoid his problems. Your mother went into a very dark depressive state and would hardly ever leave her bedroom.

You had to take care of yourself at the age of sixteen, which meant making your own meals all the time, managing all of your school work by yourself and the worst of all, grieving your best friend. You had to care for your mother and father most of the time too, so you never got the chance to process his death properly.

It took you a while to accept that you had lost your best friend, your brother, but Jayden, Kiara and Dionne helped you go through it as much as they could. Jayden and Dionne were there for you the most because Kie was always with Luke, you weren't that close with Luke back then.

"Can I ask what his name was?" Fred asked and squeezed your hand.

"Owen Davis." You told him and tears filled you eyes slowly.

You hadn't said his name for years, you didn't like talking about him because it bought back way too many memories.

"Wait, that was your brother? Holy shit, I remember him from school. He was in my brothers year, I think they were friends because I remember him telling me that he passed away." Fred said.

"Yep, him and Charlie were actually really good friends. I used to always see him around the house. They were pretty much inseparable, Charlie was kind of like my other brother growing up. He was always there for me when Owen couldn't be, whenever I see him, I always see Owen with him." You said and a tear fell from the memories.

"I'm sorry. Let's stop talking about this, I don't want to make you cry." He said and kissed your hand.

"No, no, it's okay. It's nice to finally talk about him with somebody, I haven't in years." You smiled at the thought of your brother.

You and Fred carried on talking about your brother whilst eating dinner. You shed a quite a few tears as all of the memories of Owen kept on popping back into your mind.

Fred offered to tidy up after dinner and you went into your bedroom to get changed for bed because you were tired. You got changed and got into your bed to wait for Fred. He came in shortly and shut your bedroom door, taking his clothes off and getting into bed with you.

Your arm laid over his stomach and your head was on your pillow facing him. He was looking back at you with his hand on your thigh.

"I miss him so much, Freddie." You whispered.

"I know you do, love. I'm so sorry he is no longer with you, I'm sure he would be so proud of how you've turned out." Fred kissed your head. "He sounded like a really nice person."

"He was. He was the best person I knew." You said. "I really want to see him again."

"Alexa.. don't say that." Fred realised what you had just said.

"No, I don't mean it like that. Well I do, but I'm not going to kill myself." You told him. "I just cant wait until the day I die so I can see him again."

"You do know that I'm here for you, right?" He asked and you nodded. "Good. I know you want to see him, but you still have ages until you are meant to die and I plan on keeping you alive for much longer."

Word Count : 1028