Childhood crush🎀

George looked away from his hand, tears streaming down his face as he sat on the wet grass. He looked over to check the damage, his hand seeping of blood from the huge cut on his palm. He cried loudly, begging for the pain to stop. He knew no one would hear him, his mother let him venture the woods as he pleased, and he went too far for her to hear her child.

He kept looking at the cut, seeing more and more blood around it. He had been playing in the forest, when he spotted a small bunny. George followed the bunny and ran after it, slipping on a smooth rock and landing downhill, cutting his hand on a sharp object.

He winced in pain, it was so much, he couldn't stand. He opted to wait till the pain subsided, and he was able to run all the way home so his mom could treat him. Before he could stand, he heard a small rustle in the bushes. His child mind filled with possibilities.

"Oh my god... there's a tiger! Or... a kidnapper!" He cried loudly, covering his eyes with his healthy hand as he accepted this were his last moments living. He heard footsteps coming closer, them starting to become faster.

George braced himself for a impact or anything, but was shocked when a small hand grabbed his wrist, making him raise his tear filled eyes to see a blond boy in front of him.

"Hey don't cry!" He yelled, George trying his best but the pain being so much, he let the tears flow. The boy took his hand, looking at the wound. He reached into his pocket and grabbed a cloth, ripping it to be a bit smaller and wrapping the wound on George's hand, making him squeak in pain.

The boy looked up, "I'm sorry, are you okay?" He asked, George giving him a hesitant nod, the boy continued wrapping up George's hand, tightening it and standing up. He reached out his hand for George "here, I'll take you back to your house" he offered, Georges shy side taking over.

Tears were still coming out his eyes, but in a way slower pace, feeling better he had at least someone here to help. George slowly reached out his good hand and grabbed the boys, him helping him stand up and lead the way back to the path George would walk on.

George watched the boy in front of him, his soft blond hair seeming darker the more shade went over them, as if it was changing color. George's cheeks heated up, looking down at their hands which were held tightly together.

His heart fluttered on how carful and nice the boy was, but he snapped out of it. George told the boy the way to his house and he lead him there safely, George feeling comfortable in his care.

Halfway there, the boy spoke up with his calm voice, easing George "what's your name?" He asked, George feeling his shy side take over.

"Um.. George" he said, his heavy British accent obviously surprising the boy.

"My names Clay, I'm glad I found you before some snake did" he laughed a bit, George finding his laugh quite contagious.

Once they made it to George's house, the boy reached up and rung his doorbell, George noticing the sun going down. A worried mother opened the door, looking very relieved when she saw George. George ran to her, hugging her waist tightly as she bent down and did the same.

Once they were done, George pulled apart, his mom cupping his face "you have no idea how worried we've been George.. I considered calling the police but I'm so glad your okay!" She hugged him again, looking over at the blond boy who blushed at the sudden eyes on him.

George stepped back "um.. he brought me back.. and helped me" George lifted up his bandaged hand, a small blush on his face thinking of him again.

George's mother hugged the boy "thank you so much, such a angel" she spoke as she pulled apart, the blond boy smiling being praised.

"Thank you" he laughed.

George smiled sweetly, looking at the boy with a adoring face. He ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Usually it would take at least two years for George to get comfortable enough with a person to get close to them, let alone a few hours and hug them!

The boy hugged back George's face heating up "..thank y-you" he said nervously, pulling apart.

Watching Dream run off, probably back home, with his mother, gave him a odd feeling. He felt his insides turn and his heart pound, had he really just had a feeling like that towards a boy? He held his heart, looking at the floor, he'd be ashamed to say he had developed a crush.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

George closed the locker door, hearing his friend Karl rant on and on about a 'hot boy' he had seen in the cafeteria. George rolled his eyes, Karl always had such weird crushes.

Karl picked up his backpack and walked to his maths class, George remembering his schedule and starting to go to his class too. George lifted his hand, looking down at his palm seeing the faint scar on it. He had had it since he was six, and it never left. He loved that scar, mostly because of that boy who had saved him.

He hadn't seen the boy since, he thought about searching for him in schools or anything, but gave up after a few years. Still, the boy never left his mind, I mean, how could George forget him?

As George was staring down at his palm, he bumped into someone hard, as if they were running. He crashed to the ground, wincing in pain as he did so. He looked up, seeing a boy his age rubbing his head, as soon as he saw George, he immediately turned frightened.

"Are you okay!?" He asked, George's eyes widening. As the boy reached out his hand to help George up, it was as if George saw Clay, like the first time he saw him. Looking down at him with a arm reached out as a offer, except, this boys hair was much darker, and he had wide black glasses that complimented his face.

George hesitantly took his hand, just looking at his face, but before the boy could walk off, "is.. your name Clay?" He asked, a bit nervous. No way he had found him, after so long, no way, plus, his Clay didn't have glasses.

The boys eyes widened "how do you know my name?" He asked, George's hopes firing up.

"Because it's me!" George held out his palm, showing the scar that was angled diagonally on it. The boy didn't seem to get it at first, then it seemed something just clicked in his mind.

"Wait.. it's you! George!" Clay yelled, hugging him tightly, George doing the same "it's been so long!" He yelled as he pulled apart.

"I know!" George smiled "I've wanted to see you again since... I don't even know when!" George blushed red, his childhood crush was standing right in front of him, with his arms wrapped around him.

"You wanted to see me again?" Clay asked, his cheeks looking red.

George looked away "I mean.. you were just so sweet to me.. And" George just decided, it's now or never, he lifted up his scarred hand and placed it on the side of Clays face, smiling sweetly "I couldn't forget a boy that made me blush every time I thought of him" he laughed a bit, Clays face going red.

"Was I really that charming?" He smirked.

George giggled, enjoying having Clays strong arms around him like a shield. "Want to catch up? It's been ten years after all" he laughed "and the years were very nice to you, you look cuter than the day I found you" Dream flirted, It actually working since George's face grew in blush too.

George heavily stuttered at the sudden compliment, pushing away jokingly, loving the attention "y-yeah! I'd love that" He said with a very big smile, it seemed as if this was all some dream.

1384 words