Happy birthday..💔

Dream awoke to the sound of constant tapping on his window, groaning, he stood up from his bed, and ruffled his hand through his hair, opening the curtain to see water falling from the sky, hitting his roof, and falling onto his window. He sighed, "It's raining..?" He said to himself, closing his eyes, "of course it is.." he mumbled, closing the curtains again, making his room darken lightly.

He trudged his way back over to his bed, pulling the blankets over his body as he rested against the headboard of his bed, holding it from in front of himself. He closed his eyes, feeling a chilly feeling run up his body, he felt cold. He looked around his room, he made sure to keep it clean and weekly cleaned it, at least that was one positive. His eyes scanned the dark room, landing on the bedside table, which had his phone on it.

He watched his black screened phone light up, making his heart flutter. He quickly reached over, seeing he had a notification from Sapnap, it was August 12th, 12 pm. He opened the notifications, his mind feeling hopeful.

Sapnap 12:22
Hey dude, the flight was delayed so me and George are going to have to wait till tomorrow to get home, sound
good?

Dream shut off his phone, tears running down his face. Of course.

He turned his phone back on, replying to the boy.

Dream 12:23
Yeah sure

Sapnap 12:23
Love you man! <3

Dream placed his phone on his bedside table, sighing lightly to himself. He got up from his bed, slowly walking towards his bedroom door, opening it, almost putting his whole weight onto it. He wanted to sleep, he was so tired of waking up to the same thing everyday.

He went downstairs, not even bothering turning on the lights, risking the chance to see himself in a reflection. His hair was a mess, and his eyes felt heavier by the second, not to mention his clothes, they had wrinkles all over. He walked over to the fridge, looking through the shelves, they were empty. Of course.

He went to the pantry, seeing empty food boxes that just reeked of Sapnaps laziness, and canned foods. He sighed, he wasn't too hungry anyway.

He went to the couch, sitting down on it with a big sigh. He felt a slight dip in the couch, his chest feeling heavy as he looked over, patches walking up towards him, and sitting down beside his thigh. He placed his hand on her soft fur, and stroked her back a few times. At least, when she left, she came back.

Dream went through his pocket, and found his phone again, it was his birthday. And like last year, he was alone. His father had died of cancer six years ago, his mother was in the hospital because of a sickness she had developed, and his sister was there caring for her. Don't even mention his friends, they were at a panel together, George, Sapnap, Karl, Tina, Hannah, Punz, everyone he wanted to at least speak to. And the one day, the one day they were all supposed to return, the one day he needed Sapnap and George, their flight had been delayed.

He felt like crying, well, he always felt like crying. But it was different this time, now, he felt like punching something. He felt like falling asleep, only to not wake up again. He loved his job, and his life, and his friends, but he sometimes felt a little too alone. A little too forgotten.

Well, might as well enjoy his birthday.

Dream stood up slowly, patches's head poking up to look at him. He moved through the dark living room with a sad aroma, and it seemed like the cat had been picking up on his mood. He went up to his room, and went through his closet, finding what he had stored there a few days ago to prepare himself a little birthday surprise.