Bright lights and sweet delights💔🎀

TW: vomiting and anxiety

Dream had terrible anxiety when it came to crowded rooms, pressure of attention, and the fear of embarrassment in front of crowds. Last time he came to a convention, it wasn't that bad since it was a smaller event, but now with the pressure of his new song, his appearance expectations, and the overall feeling of having to speak on a stage with hundreds of people watching him made him feel his breakfast come up in his stomach. He told himself to hold it down though, not wanting to disappoint his fans or the friends he's there with. It wasn't all bad though, he had gotten the opportunity to meet so many of his online friends he'd been wanting to see for so long, and he got to make a lot of his fans happy with his appearance.

Still, the pressure had started getting to him before he was even in the country. The plane ride there was full of fidgeting and worrying, although, he was glad he was going to wear his mask during his stage appearance and fan meet and greets, it gave him a boundary and comfortable feeling knowing that people weren't staring at him every second. Landing there and meeting up with his friends did lower his worries, but it became bothersome again when they were preparing for vidcon.

Backstage, Dream watched as his friends talked about what they were going to do on stage, joking around with each other and talking to producers. Dream couldn't speak to anyone at the moment, he was bouncing his leg, twitching and fidgeting his face, no one really noticing his movements or ticks because of his mask. He accidentally did something that made his heart drop, he saw the amount of people in the audience, and he almost feeling like puking. There were so many they had to bring more and more chairs. There were huge lines, and so many cameras.

Dream stood up from the chair he was sitting in, turning towards the back hallways and walking out the room, they were live in twenty minutes, twenty minutes to overthink. He really didn't have anywhere he could go without his guards walking next to him, so he fled to the bathroom, closing the door behind him as he walked over to the mirrors, unclipping the back of his mask, setting it aside.

He sighed lowly, running a hand through his hair, looking up at himself. His face was flushed red, his lips twitching in areas that made his face sore. He feared speaking on the stage in front of those people, why? Why was he so afraid? He had spoken in front of hundreds of thousands of people on his livestreams, why was this any different? Numbers and actual people were two very different things. People would be recording, watching, and listening to every word he said, every movement and mumble would be detected by at least one eye in the room. He brought a hand to his chest, lightly panting as his heart started racing. Something about the audience made him feel like they could see through his mask, making him paranoid and nervous. It wasn't his fans fault, they were very sweet and respectful, if Dream had to leave because of stress and anxiety, they would surly understand, but it was the fact that they'd be very disappointed that made him feel guilty.

Dream closed his eyes tight, covering his mouth with his hand as he felt his stomach force its way up his throat. He'd be fine, this wasn't a big deal, it was just a live audience. What if his friends left him alone on the stage? Even just the thought of being up there all alone made him want to run back to Florida.

Dream turned around hastily, kicking open the stall door, but making sure the security guards outside didn't hear. He bent over the toilet and released as much food that would come up. After he was done, he wiped his mouth, breathing heavily as his eyes stared down at the tiled floor, running his other hand through his hair. The pain in his stomach was gone, but not the one in his chest, the overwhelming pain that made him feel so heavy and weak. He sat up, flushing the toilet, before slowly standing up. He leaned against the stall wall, his head turned up to the ceiling as he breathed heavily, his chest rising and falling as his heart refused to slow down.