From playmates to soulmates🎀

The fact that I'm able to take this route in my new book and not have it be so happy is such a nice feeling.. I could either melt a lot of hearts or shatter them.. decisions decisions.. ;)

It's an all fluff ride, you're welcome 🥰

August 10th, 1986

George couldn't help but feel nauseous as he tread the hallways in his new middle school. His mother and his father had gotten into a divorce around two years ago, and she had been struggling as a single parent, so she decided to move to Florida with George. The only problem was that George was so familiar with his home country that moving to a new one felt like a massive chore. First with the temperature drastically changing, then with the completely different environment. To top it all off, he always went to private schools when he was in the UK, now, in a public school, he doesn't know what to expect. Although, it wasn't nearly close to this. Dirt and trash littered in places, swears being thrown around for greetings, wrinkly clothes, and food (everywhere). He felt like he had to have all his limbs tucked close to himself, worried they'd be bitten off by a rabid thirteen year old.

    George himself was twelve, in his opinion, way too young to be sent to hell. He eventually found his way to his math class, it sucked that he had math in the morning, but he knew it was just more shit to add to the pile of his new life. He sat down in the far left side of the class, the desks were connected, enough room to fit two people each. George looked out the window right next to him, keeping himself as small as possible, not wanting to take up more space than required. He wanted to be back home, in England, away from this foreign world. But he was stuck here, alone and worried. George looked over with wide eyes as someone jumped into the seat next to him, setting their backpack on the desk, half of it on George's side, causing the brunet to quickly grab his notebook, which almost fell off the desk.

    "Sorry- oh my god!" The blond boy next to him exclaimed, and George looked around, startled, was there a spider?

    Upon realizing there were no fangy insects around, he turned to him, "What?" He asked, the boy just looking excited.

    "You're new here," he stated, "We haven't had a new person in so long!" He said, just as excited. George blinked, confused.

    "What do you mean? And how did you know I'm new..?" He asked, scooting a little away from the other.

    The blond unzipped his backpack, which had bags of chips and packets of gum shoved into it, "This is a small town, everybody knows everybody," he shrugged, opening a packet of gum, "And besides, your accent is a clear giveaway, gum?" He asked, holding out the packet. George looked down at it like it was a bloodied knife.

    "We aren't allowed to chew gum in school, it's a choking hazard." George stated, furrowing his eyebrows at the other.

    "Charming." The other stated, "Suit yourself." He shrugged, and placed the packet back into his backpack. George glanced away, but couldn't help looking back at the gum packet, he was in a new country, a new school, that means new rules. He wasn't in a private school anymore, and if the other kids were allowed to chew gum in class, surely George could too, right? Besides, he didn't want to be known as the teachers pet, or a goodie-two-shoes.

    "Actually.. could have some?" He asked, looking up at the other with uncertainty.

    He turned to him, "You sure you won't choke?" He asked, with such a serious face, George almost thought he wasn't joking.

    "shut up and give it." George stated, and the other laughed, handing him one. The brunet unwrapped it, and chucked it into his mouth, he never really chewed gum before, only ever using mints to have the effect of a nice breath. The boy, who he soon found out was named Dream, was actually really kind and funny, he ended up spending a lot of time around him, feeling extremely welcomed in his company. After school was over, George began walking home again, and Dream followed along with him, telling him that it was the way to his house too, which George was glad to hear, not quite wanting to leave the other yet. It was his first friend in Florida, and George was already hooked by the Floridian air to love it. The boy was just so charming and had a voice he could listen to all day, that wasn't weird right? He could say a friend has a nice voice, right?