I'll miss you forever..💔

TW:... um..

    George's morning had started off great. He woke up with an oddly nice attitude, had an actually pleasant breakfast, got to watch some YouTube and text some of his friends too. He even cuddled with Patches which was weird since she didn't like being held too much. Although it was kind of suspicious, usually when George was having this good of a morning, something bad would happen, but he pushed that thought aside, not wanting to jinx himself.

    So he continued his morning, getting in a call with Nick and asking him some questions. Then, Nick asked the golden question. "How's Clay been? Have you heard from him?". George went silent at that question, his smile fading as he stared down at the floor, no actually, he hadn't heard from Clay lately, but that was okay. George missed him, a lot, but Clay was doing what he loved, and George was happy that he was happy. George answered briefly, Nick getting the message that he didn't want to further this conversation about Clay, so they switched to a different topic.

    George hoped every single day that he'd see Clay again, but he knew it just took patience. He just needed to wait, and with enough hope, his love would be back in his arms after so long. How long had it been? Months? Probably more, but it all seemed like a blur, like Clay leaving at the airport was a week ago when in reality it was nearly a year. It almost hurt George to think of the boy, and he knew he couldn't go on alone much longer. But he'd wait, he'd cook himself alive before he became unfaithful to Clay, however, some of George's past friends suggested that.

    "he's been gone so long, I doubt he even misses you" "maybe you should sleep around a bit, you've been so alone lately" "Maybe it's time to give up on him". All these were said to him, and more, but George stood as still as a fence bolted into the ground. He could never do that to Clay, he hasn't even been gone that long, only about a year. Still, George's heart seemed to stop a little when he heard a knock at the door, however, deep inside, he knew it was just Uber eats.

    George stopped thinking about Clay, the thought of his beloved husband only ever made him sad nowadays. Of course, the first week or so without him was a shit show since George almost had a panic attack, unable to sleep without a person by his side. Now, it had gotten easier, but he was never over him. He'd never get over him. "Heard that they are discharging some military soldiers earlier, who knows? Maybe Clay will get lucky"

    "Nick you know the chances of that actually happening? Clay is one in like thousands, no way." George insisted, folding his arms as he listened to his friends voice over the phone.

    "Just saying man, it could happen, you never know" George remembered that day, it was two months ago. And just as George predicted, Clay wasn't home. George didn't let it bother him, though, he did miss his husband. He cried almost every night thinking about him, hugging his pillow, wanting it so badly to be replaced with the blonde boy he grew to love so dearly. A few nights ago he started to cry harder than he'd ever cried before, he was watching old videos of him and Clay, some with Nick as well. They were playing with Nicks dog, pictures of Clay and George cuddling, some pictures of just Clay smiling or sleeping. George smiled that night, he couldn't wait for it all to be back.

    He couldn't wait to hear Clays voice again, Clays voice was the only thing George had for years. And it was that one day George and Clay had met after years of long distance that he finally got to hear his voice without a headset or the audio of a phone. It was a miracle, and now, George found himself wishing for another miracle. The miracle of Clay coming home after so long. George would twist the ring around his ring finger, looking at the engravings and diamonds on it, with tears in his eyes. It wasn't just him who needed Clay back in his life though. George and Clay had been in a relationship for so long, and it was Clay leaving that day that was the hardest because it was just so painful and difficult to explain it to Leo.