1.An awful Day

If you have perfect study material and a go-to way to handle things..what could possibly turn bad?? Right?.
No..in my case it never happened. When you are in your 20's one feels that the world is there stage where you are the main lead and when you'll face audience the theatre will rumble with applause. This is about two girls... their secrets...power and Dreams. That is yet to discover. Two girls walking down the narrow streets of Punjab. In a city Phagwara knows as NIR's city and for its two mills Sugar mill and JCT mill that's is cloth making mill. That's where we both lived since we can remember. With different family background but united by heart.
Anyone can spot the difference in two girls one is 5"2' wavy hair..oval face..big sparkly and brown eyes that can intimidate anyone and impossible to look away from them once these two eyes stare back. Full lips..and sexy walk that can turn heads. she stands up to her name Shine. The other is 5"5' round face.. small lips and fish like eyes...that can scan people like superman does. Mysterious aura and hard to guess what goes behind her black eyes...that's me..Misty. curly hair... always in a messy bun. Fast walk but both are keeping the pace..
"Let's get this assignment done today... don't want to drag it anymore." Shine said while adjusting her hair.

"Okay". Misty replied
We are both in the 1 year of our Bachelor's in Mass Communication. And we met in the college never asked to be friends but somehow universe decided to put us together... probably the best that could happened to us. We are in girls college and just few girls ruling the entire campus with tripods.. camera and scripts in hands. Our department well .. it's a small department but the best we could ask for. With a recording studio and editing room... it's cozy more like a home. You can't blame us but we can be lazy as hell while working on projects and our studio are the best place to stretch and relax..after all, the only department in the campus that is allowed to run AC all day. As we entered the college our classmates were outside the department stairs..with fallen faces..shine and me looked at each other..and silently we know ...as we approached them.

Shine said, "what we have done now?

The other girl replied "Don't know...but we are not allowed to enter the department for a week" then shrugged her shoulders.

"Tsk..so what let's go to canteen. Weather is too good to be inside the studios anyway". I said. And adjusted my bag while looking up the sky that was now full of grey clouds..i could taste the rain in air.
"Shouldn't we apologise?" One of the girl replied debating whether she wants to join us or not.

Shine just turned towards her and said," Apology!...for what? We need to know the crime first and then maybe we'll do it.." she put the emphasis on maybe that means Sorry was the word that we both never use..because girls would follow whatever we do..we looked at each other and shared that glance and smiled and took off to canteen.

We just crossed the pavilion and it started raining...and by the time we entered in the canteen all of us were drenched." Great fucking day" shine muttered. We found out usual spot and started drying ourselves.
"I hope i don't catch cold...i have a bulletin to record tomorrow." Said one girl.
"You've got thick skin..bro" other girl replied with a wink.
We ordered some coffee and Tea with some snacks ,it instantly warmed our rain drenched bodies.
Girls started talking and i went into self analysis mode. You know the one where you could see things coming but don't know how to predict them. That's what happens with me. That's one if the reasons that i have to think twice before uttering a single word. Something was about to happen i was sure..a bit uneasy feeling as if someone is calling you out from a place that you are aware but don't know where that is!! Has it happened to you???ever?

something flicked in front of my eyes. It was shine . I looked at her.
"Where?. Just one word. That's how our friendship is where we complete sentences for eachother.

"Just something isn't right...i don't know but i can feel it."
"I know... feeling is mutual..but i swear whatever the hell it is .. it's better worth it."
"Had any dream?"
"Dream...bro to have a Dream we need to sleep and since 2017..i don't think we had slept."
"Right..just need to read more books....people sleep when they read...and then here's me. At this rate i had to get sleeping pills."
"Shut up! Just keep trying... it's not like you're  not on medicines already that u need sleeping pills as well" shine replied with a eye roll.

"Look! guys..sun is out let's go we need some vitamin D." Some girl from the canteen yelled. Within a minute we were the only girls in the canteen. Then I was at the roof top In a hilly area with the best view of mountains. Slow breeze getting pass my curly hair..like a therapist. Who need medicine when you have nature to heal..right?
I felt a warm feeling on my back..that slowly reached my head and i turned ...and at a few distance there was a roof and a man was standing there with his hands crossed and it was Twilight...sky was turning orange to pink...and the sunlight was just on his Eyes..and damn those eyes...so beautiful... hypnotic and sad in a way yet...so soft... He was staring at my soul... and a slow smile ..though i could not see it but i knew it was there. Some eyes can touch you in a way...that no hands could ever. His eyes said so many things...i just wanted to run and hug him tightly then and there...as i tried to take a step. My ground shook and i was pulled back..someone was saying my name...but who?
"Bro...you okay?...wake up!". It's shine
"Where are we?"
"In the canteen of course! you just dozed off"
"What?.." I looked around and yes I just slept in the canteen. I know i have this talent where i can sleep in any situation. But this was extreme. Because i wasn't sleepy at all..then how the hell did i??

"What's wrong with you?" Shine was staring at me.
Looks like ...your non existing boyfriend ditched you..."

"What boyfriend??...you know we don't do boyfriends."

"Then why are u crying?"

"What are you ..??..i touched my cheek and Fuck!!! Are these tears??
Shine tapped i table and asked," what's going on?"

"I don't know..." I was shocked because I never cry.. like ever that's what my mother always said...even as a baby i never cried.. and I had tears just because of two eyes??
"I'm waiting...shine said.
So i described my dream...she listened took a pause and said .. "we both know that you are reading too much these days...you just finished Vampire Dairies 10 fucking books in two fucking days..and on top of that you didn't had a wink of sleep...so it could be your brain tricking you...your subconscious created this ... possible right??"

"Yeah!!...you are right this is just a stupid dream..yes! It's my brain tricking me." But deep down i knew this wasn't just a dream..Please angles..no more fucking shit...i have already so much in my plate..i silently prayed.
We just spent the entire day out of class and at 3 pm we left the college it takes 30 min walk for both of us to home. This 30 min include passing through market .. checking out new things. The whole journey was silent that day. And the very wierd thing i did was i was searching for those eyes...in streets..trying to match in hope ...that maybe he'll just pop out from the crowd. But the reasoning said...he's not here. I reached home. And just lie down on the bed. And the remaining time was spent...with lots of questions in my head
Like
Who are you?
Why are u so sad?
Is anyone taking care of you?
Without a single word he said so many things...he reached out to me in my dream. He needs my help...but I don't know how to help him. The way he looked at me... it was everything...that I always wanted to said...and he listened.. I spend that 13 September night in memory of those eyes. It's crazy I know...how can a person be so obsessed with a dream...right? But I can bet that if you ever had a dream in which u felt alive...where you realised that this is what feels like to breathe..then you know what this dream did to me. And with the sunrise I knew that this dream is stuck in my brain ...Forever.
***********************************************