4. Star

I was lost...that i knew. I have to get out of this place, but how?.
Where are you?
Don't panic he'll find you...yes!! Just breathe. my chest started burning like someone just put a fire lit wooden log inside my chest. I could inhale but hard to breathe out. As if someone was blocking my windpipe. My body ran cold and sweat beads were forming on my head and feets. Cold sweat. I knew the time has come. My body instantly became feather light and to stop myself from falling i just gripped the nearest object. Before blacking our i just caught the glimpse of that thing it was a Star.
******************************************
I woke up with a gasp..again 2 am in the morning. Why the fuck can't i just have a proper sleep. Something poked my hand. My right hand was in fist. No...noway i opened my fist slowly and there it was...my hairpin..
"Fuck! I'm going insane. For a second i thought i have .....no..no snap out of it. You need to stay sane". I muttered to myself.
I opened my journal and recorded my dream entry. I checked the mirror before leaving the room.."fucking fantastic..these dark circles" anyone can mistake me as panda. Fuck this... it's not like i can control it.
You know when you are a foodie but you can't feel the taste of it. Toh barbaad ho chuke ho tum. It's starting October..means my favourite time..when Autumn knocks the door and the world turns orange.. Halloween 🎃. Means my dreams are going to be more intense and spooky...and my health will be on edge. But despite it. I love this season. When nature sheds itself..let go of clingy things and decide to take a break. After all everyone deserve a break. I'm sure you have also felt that in this time of the year, world turns into an introverted mode..
I pressed the doorbell of shine's house.
"Come in"..she shouted from inside. i put on my earphones while waiting for her to get ready..so that we can leave on time.

"Any Dream?"
"Hmm...chasing...lost or i found a clue if it counts but not sure."
"What clue?"
"Star.. silver kind of u wear on a uniform or something.. it's a blur memory".
"That's means he could be an officer..?"
"Maybe or maybe not..to know this i have to meet him and considering the situation right now ... it's not possible".
"True though...all the best Mathilda" shine gave me thumps up as we entered the college. It was crowded then usual. NCC Day..of course. As we crossed the hall my eyes went to notice board. The notice said that some NCC cadets will be coming from another colleges and students were asked to maintain decorum.
"Looks like we have another event to cover." She said while reading the notice.
"Let's get our weapons and get to our post."
"Copy that" she said with a wink and we turned to our department.
Lights were off in the studio as i went in to get the camera and batteries. Since i knew were it was ..i did not bother to switch on the lights. I was putting every thing in camera bag then suddenly i felt a warmth on my back and i immediately knew what it...thud thud(my heart picked up the speed) was my feet were glued i wasn't able to move. Somehow i manged to turn and there was a black shadow of a person wearing a uniform Damn! lights were off so the only light that was coming through it was from the next studio which was separated by glass window. light reflected on his left shoulder where star was shining brightly. I felt a lump in my throat as i found my voice back. He turned towards the exit stopped for a second.. looked back and left.
I don't know how long i stood there but shine came and brought me back into reality. She switched on the lights and just looked at me and said,

"What happened?"
"I'...m.. doomed...my eyes were still on door where he stood. Fuck!! He exists.. i almost said it. Was it my voice or someone else shouted it??