12. Help

We waited for the right time to strike. Shine admitted herself in the same ward now all we had to do was wait for the girl to wake up. I went out to check the situation That girl's was nowhere to see so i approached her mother she was crying and sat down near her and put my hand on her shoulder. The lady let herself lose and i held her. Within few seconds my chest felt heavy i could taste her grief...her helplessness. That's the reason i avoid people it's hard to carry pain that you don't know how to handle. Being an empath sucks.

"It's okay! Mam... everything will be alright." I tapped her shoulder. After relieving her grief she stopped crying. Now it was hard for me to breathe..but i held it inside..as always.. because i will be alright.

"What happened to her? Was it stress of exams? I asked. My hand still on her shoulder.

"No..she was fine a week ago. Then suddenly she started behaving weird. She would wake up and say someone is watching her. And the next minute she'll forget what she said. And yesterday she had a fever wasn't able to get out of bed. This morning i went to her room to check then she was gone. Later we received call and now this..she's such a nice child. Never did wrong. Why is it happening to her." Again Tears rolled down her cheeks. I handed her water bottle with some soothing words i went out to catch breathe. My lungs were getting tight. After filling my lungs with air i went back and told everything that happened...to Shine

"Only have to check last thing now...I'll do it...but let's wait for a bit". Around 1 in the morning shine sneaked out and i took her place. Luckily nurse came she just checked the pulse and went back. Clock was ticking..so was my pulse. Sweat beads formed on my forehead. Then after sometime. Shine came back. Her face said all. She sat down gulped the whole water bottle.
"You Okay?". She nodded.
"She's Possessed...i saw the signs on her body. We have to call for help. It's time...i never thought we'll be doing this." She said.
"So...we don't.. have choice then?"
"No"
Silence fell over and the only noise in the hospital was our hearts beats. Do we really need this help?? How are we going to approach?? What the fuck??
There's already so much mess in our life now it's like we'll be back on the same place where it all started and we don't have time for this. A life is on the line.