8. Bad Omens

"Tell me you are not thinking...what i am thinking" shine asked while lights were still flickering.

"It could be a flacutation. Yesterday it rained and these wiring looks quite old." I replied matter of factly. "Let's go i'm starving and we still have to buy the shirt."

We came out of the washroom. And i noticed that the whole corridors was empty and the lights were dim. It's july and summer's  in Punjab are quite something but the temperature in this area was like someone put the AC on 16-18. The strange thing was no student or faculty member was in here. Except us. I looked at her and she was already looking. We understood but choose to stay quite. The moment we stepped out of the corridor a warm wind slapped our faces. We left the Department. To reach here one has to walk at the end of the college. We kept our pace slow and shine opened the umbrella to cover us from scroching heat. And something dropped on our umbrella and we shrinked. A Dead crow was in our feat. I looked around to see. But the sky was clear and no bird was up in th sky. I dropped on my knees to checked the crow his tongue was out and there was no wound on him.

"Who would do this?" Shine said from side. "Let's dig up a hole and bury him". She said. We wrapped him in a cloth that I use go clean my two wheeler. With the help of Gardner i was digging hole "i think it's enough for a bird to rest peacefully. Bring him"
"Shine...?",
"What happened?" I asked.
"The bird...is not here..". She was in frizz so was i there was nothing in the cloth left behind was just black ash...
We both looked at each other with confusion and left the college in daze. In a near by restaurant we ordered white sauce Pasta and a medium size Corn cheeze pizza. But both the food items were untouched. Our minds were still at the place were that damn crow disappeared.
"What do you think?? What was it??"
"No idea...could be anything...but one thing is sure it's related to our dreams the one that we both are having. Were we are saving...and ..."
"Fuck it!! Let's eat and head home. I need a good nap. And probably that bird died due to some internal disease..right?"

We barely finished the Pasta and asked the servers to pack the pizza. as shine was starting the two wheeler i looked up at the sky. Unusual dark clouds that i have never seen in my 20 years. Like a spiral opening between earth and sky. I put my foot on the footrest and it broke and it cut my skin and my socks were stained with a red spot...great...fucking great!!!
"You okay?" I nodded and we drove back to home . In 25 minutes we reached Phagwara. She dropped me home and headed towards her.
I took 15 min cold shower... To stop my brain.. after changing to my comfy clothes. Checked the phone.
Message from shine.

Reached Home 😊
Let's me know about the decision on colg.

**************************************************
After Dinner it was decided that we were attending JC college. I was lying and my eyes were stuck on the fan. Replying all the events of the day. Dogs were hallowing outside. And the unsettling feeling was getting more strong. I was more restless now. Then my gaze went to the bin were my blood stained shirt was. I picked it up and instantly my mind went to the parking lot.
To the boy. With round head and specs laying down on bricks as if he was sleeping on bed. And a small smile came on my lips.
"I hope you are alive"...i dropped the shirt in the bin. And switched off the light. Picked up my Dream journal and poured everything about today. I stood on my window to gaze the darkness no moon today... Awesome. I put on my headphones and Mohit Chauhan started singing " Tujhe Bhula Diya". And pulling me back to my Ross. With his lyrics.