3. Suffocation

We were busy munching the noodles when one of our classmate came running to us. "Mam asked for you" she said while catching her breathe. I knocked before entering the staffroom.
"You girls are clearly enjoying your time.. isn't it?" She asked with a stern face. Pooja mam is very nice and being the Head of the department she very cool head personality and i admire her for this. And her teaching methods are just awesome. If i ever became a teacher i want to be like her. No that i plan to be a teacher.
"No..mam i was in the library actually with shine don't know about others. You asked for me??" I just wanted to finish this business whatever it  was.
"There will be person coming tomorrow she's a writer and i want you a to prepare questions and handle the camera as well and whoever is interested in taking her interview tell me by the evening .. details will be send in your group chat. You can go" with this she put on her glasses and started writing on her notepad.
"So...what did u do?"
"I will be doing work ... tomorrow. Interview.. questions..camera. hashtag we have to prepare tomorrow's interview."
"I thought we were on break.. aren't we?"
"Not now...since i have to prepare questions.. let's finish our research and head home".
************************************************
I just finished questions and was out under Twilight sun setting down and illuminating all the colours of the day. Something i feel as if nature reflects my mood. I was just relaxing when a Ping sound brought me back to earth.
It was message from shine

Send me the questions...i need to revise them and change  it. - Shine
Already mailed it..check your inbox 😊.- Misty

It's true that sometime i was able to control my thoughts but why can't i shake this image off my mind? I am not a person who gets affected by emotions easily. So these eyes has gave me unsettling feeling. And i don't even know what to do with these overwhelming emotions. I can't sleep... Truth is those eyes are so real that they have made me questions myself..phew..i look up and keep searching you in sky. " Why are you doing this to me?"
Is it possible to awake all night?? Yes! For me it is. And the only time that i get to sort my thoughts and pour them into my journal.
***********************************************
"Check the batteries...make sure they're charged. And where did you put the lenses." someone shouted from the corner. Morning is hectic. Guest.. our writer has arrived early and now everyone is running.
My head is throbbing these days due to lack of sleep and a constant ringing in my ear and i have noticed that i'm snappy these days. Department was mess when we reached so as usual we took our roles. Shine went to the office to get ready for the interview and with my high pitch i addressed them all.
"GIRLS!!.. you need to stop running recklessly. We've got equipments and meera you can't hold the camera like a make up brush...for fuck sake..now Two girls will step up the lights. Meera take charge of the console and isha get the mics and set them up. Rags... Hospitality...all clear..?"
"Yes!..."they replied in unison.
"Good ...move it". Shit! My head is going to kill me.
"All good...? Shine asked.
"Yeah ..i think so"
"Really?..your eyes are red..man ..okay...umm i'll tell Rags to handle camera.
"No..i'm fine. And you know ..we need to get perfect shots...Rag's is good but she still  gets confuse. I'll do it.Common let's test the audio first."
Interview lasted for 4 hours. It was good interview where the writers discussed about her journey and her background. Her married life and the army background. Principal mam praised us. Pooja mam was happy as well. And our suspension was cancelled...
"Good job ... every one. Get your bags and let's give ourselves treat." Shine clapped with them and we started packing up.
"You really need to sleep ..bro. lack of sleep can affect your motor skills. And i saw how hard it was for you to manage the camera. Look! I have sleeping pills at home in Papa's cabin. I can get them for you...just say it...hmm?
"Thanks ..but no thanks. And i know what this lack of sleep is doing to me. Moreover the camera slipped because of the headache. I'll be fine. And i don't want to relay on medicine to...sleep. But if it gets out of control then i know whom to contact."
"Good...just find some solution for it. I will look for something as well."
Clouds were taking the control by the time we left college..as if they were aware of my inner strom. We decided to have some tea at the nearest stall. Life was passing by in front of our eyes. Kids getting home. Cars, bikes moving fast. This hustling.. noise though i was under the open sky. Yet it was suffocating... Our tea was ready and i just held the glass in my palm brought it in front of my eyes
"What happened...is the glass broken" shine started checking her glass as well.
And the words just slipped from my tongue
                            "Itne hasin chehre mile..
                                     Par tum nhi mile
            Kuch toh tumhare jaise mile...par tum nhi mile
          Barrish...chai... sitare...tumhare hone
                                     ke ishare toh Mile
                                     Par tum nhi mile"

To be continue.....