Chapter 1: Habits

Third Person POV

—~—

"Why the fuck are we here?"

Haitani Rindo. One half of the notorious Haitani brothers spoke as the second half was just as unamused. His brother, Ran, heaved out a meaningless sigh as they rounded the corner of their 'new' high school. 'New' being that they missed the first few days because they weren't planning to attend in the first place.

"We're just doing damage control," Ran boredly explained, "Some fuckers are apparently causing a ruckus... We gotta show that they don't cross our territory."

Rindo knew but he still didn't see the point. Of course, he still enjoys the entertainment of letting others know who rules over Roppongi, but these so-called 'gangsters' only wanted to terrorize people inside the school so the brother-duo have to check them out personally. Tch... what a bunch of cowards.

It's either these delinquents are really stupid and don't know who the Haitani brothers are, or they strategized because they knew the brothers didn't attend school. Rindo was annoyed, to say the least, but Ran was adamant on letting the entire city know their place.

"I'll meet you when I'm done dealing with them, little bro," Ran shrewdly spoke and the younger one silently nodded. Although they were siblings, Rindo still felt the need to prove that he was just as worthy as his older brother.

With that, Rindo roughly slammed open the closest door to him and the chatter inside the room instantly died down. The younger Haitani scrutinized the entire classroom with his piercing violet eyes— almost in a disgusted manner. No one made a sound as the only thing that was heard were Rindo's slow footsteps towards the back seats of the classroom.

Instead of choosing the corner seats, Rindo chose the second seat away from the window. It's subtle, but if these supposed 'delinquents' were in this classroom, he didn't want to act like he was surveying the class. Rather, he wanted to assert dominance to those around him by being somewhat in the middle. It sounds stupid but it honestly works as he accidentally found this out by discreetly walking in the middle of a gang hideout and scaring the absolute shit out of everyone there.

And surely, they knew who he was.

The tall blonde slightly kicked the chair away from the desk, plopped down, and leaned back into the chair— all the while, his hands stuffed in his jacket pockets and a lollipop hanging off his lips. Everyone eyed him, waiting to see his next movements, and it became very apparent how annoyed he was that they were just staring.

"Oi," his voice was loud and reverberated in the silent classroom that everyone held their their breath, "What are you looking at?"

Immediately— along with a bit of hesitation— the class went back to their normal chatter but a bit quieter than it was prior. I mean, can you blame them for being cautious when one of the most infamous gangsters in the city was in their classroom?

The purple-eyed boy huffed and intently watched each individual. Again, normally this wouldn't be a big deal to hunt down some stray delinquents— in fact, him and his brother were about to let the whole ordeal go— but rumor has it that they're after the Haitani's and their reputation. If he's being hunted, might as well hunt them first.

But, unfortunately, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. No bullies or threats to students. No errand boys or fetchers. Not even a hint of teasing or cocky attitude coming from these goody-two-shoes.

'Damn, wrong classroom, huh?' Rindo thought and swirled the lollipop in his mouth, 'Am I in the honorary class or something? These people are lame.'