Chapter 44: Only

"I don't want to play music anymore."

—~—

Third Person POV

(Y/n) remembered their faces.

She thought it over long and hard the past two days while Maya was having her surgery, and wondered why those two men attacked her sister. She knew they looked familiar but brushed that fact aside as her only worry was to protect Maya.

She thought that was the least she could do— find the perpetrators and report them to the police so they'll deservedly end up in jail. She could also tell Rindo, but there's an inherent problem with that... Those two guys were from Valhalla, the gang Rindo supervised back in October.

... Was it wrong of her to think that Rindo was using her?

She didn't think so, but she didn't know what spurred their actions. All she knew was that she asked if Rindo was inside the hideout at that time. She also pieced together that they were after her sketchbook— which was strange— and thought back to Ogawa Mina's warning. She had no evidence, but this could all trace back to Hirose Kasumi. However, despite the idea of whether or not Rindo was betraying her, she couldn't get one thing out of her mind: his safety.

If he was being used or will be used in Hirose Kasumi's plan to keep her out of the competition... she didn't want him to get hurt. Much like Maya, she loves him more than her dream of being a fashion designer.

She was willing to break things off.

|—~•~—|

"Rindo, for the love of god," Ran started with an irritated yet monotone voice, "If you're that worried about her, go see her. You've been pacing around for the past ten minutes and I'm trying to sleep."

The younger Haitani actively ignored the older one trying to take a nap on the couch, walking back and forth the length of the living room while staring at his last message to (y/n). Normally, it wouldn't bother him as much, and in the past, would conclude that she was probably busy. But for some reason, he can't rid of the terrible pit in his stomach when she hasn't even so read his text for the past two days.

He had good reason to worry, however, he wanted to respect (y/n)'s decision and give her space like she wanted... but something just felt off and he didn't like it. When you have a significant other, is there some sort of telepathic signal that lets you know something is wrong with the other? Before you ask, yes, he does think so.

"Wouldn't she hate that—?"

"Rindo, please, you sound like a dumbstruck idiot," Ran commented and Rindo resisted the urge to throw his phone at him, "She wants space, not for you to be nonexistent in her life. If she wants more time alone, she'll tell you but it seems like she can't do that right now. Maybe she didn't see your text, I don't know."

"But—!"

"Aaand I'm blocking you out," Ran turned to his side where he faced the couch and Rindo frustratedly pouted, "Wake me up when you're no longer whining."

"You're no help," the blonde groaned, grabbed one of the couch's throw pillows, and chucked it at his older brother.

"Ooh, thanks for the pillow," the long-haired male stated and hugged the comfy item in his arms.