Chapter 32: Video Games

"I know— in five, ten, fifteen years— however long it takes. I know you'll achieve your dreams too, (y/n)."

—~—

Third Person POV

"This one looks stupid... Shion, you should wear it."

"Hah?!"

"Mochizuki, you're thinking too hard..."

"I want the panda ears."

"Fuck off, I want this one."

"You guys are so loud. Can you shut up?"

(Y/n) never felt so... Annoyed? Confused? Embarrassed? She didn't know, but what she did know was that she was staring at six delinquents fighting over what headpiece they should wear for a picture. They even punched each other at some point... She would like to say that the scenario was unexpected from the fearsome gangsters; however, she hung around them long enough to know that this is their usual.

Meanwhile, her classmates watched in absolute horror that several, well-known delinquents had stumbled in their class. Dealing with one on a constant basis was concerning, having to encounter two was a bit worrisome... Why are there six of them?! And why are they at a high school festival of all places?!

"(Y/n)," Shion announced and she shifted her attention towards him with a feigned smile, "Your boyfriend is being mean. Tell him to fuck off."

"Alright, Rindo, fuck off," the (h/c)-nette unhesitatingly uttered in a monotone voice whilst said male snapped his head at her in disbelief.

"Hah?! You're supposed to be on my side, (y/n)," the younger Haitani said but she shrugged in response.

"You're too comfortable in this relationship that you've forgotten that we annoyed the absolute shit out of each other," she sent a jeering smirk as the others had to hold back an emerging laugh, "Anyways, now that I've gotten your attention..."

The group of teenaged boys waited in anticipation as to what the younger girl had to say. The class was pleasantly surprised at how well the gang members were listening and they assumed that (y/n) tamed these wild gangsters as if she was some sort of delinquent whisperer.

"Ya'll shut the fuck up and choose something already!" The (y/h) student reprimanded quite brashly and crossed her arms, "You're holding up the line and scaring other customers. So if you don't pick what you want, I'll pick for you."

Her peers whipped their heads so fast that it hurts. This chick had the confidence of a fucking Greek god to even think to talk back. Although, what they didn't expect was for the small crew of males sharing 'it's your fault' glances like they were little kids being scolded by their mothers. It wasn't taken to heart but they didn't consider that she would snap at them. Rindo was used to it, though. He was the only one continuing to pick out what headband he wanted for the picture.

"Yes, mom," Shion began jokingly, ruffled the (h/c)-haired girl's (h/l) tresses, and walked back to the table with the props.

"Yes, mom," Kakucho sent a wide grin with a small salute of his hand.

"Yes, mom," the other four boredly sang in a chorus as Ran harshly elbowed Muto for bumping into him while heading towards the prop table. The class collectively sweat-dropped.

(Y/n) fucking trained delinquents like Pokémon.

Soon, however, they all picked what they wanted and the (h/c)-nette sighed in relief and gave her classmates an apologetic smile. The one in charge of taking the picture shakily held the camera up with a faint 'Ready?'.