Chapter 30: Are you Bored Yet?

"I'm not going anywhere, Haitani Rindo."

—~—

Third Person POV

"Rindo, I swear to god—"

(Y/n) anxiously narrowed her (e/c) eyes at the tall blonde male, the grip on her younger sister's hand tightening ever-so slightly, "If I come back to her cursing me out and punching strangers, I will drop kick you."

"Rin nii-san!" Maya exclaimed in excitement upon seeing the person on the other side of the door. Said male's gaze mellowed slightly as he smiled and crouched down to her height.

"Hey, kid," Rindo murmured and rose a hand for a high-five, to which the younger (l/n) happily returned.

"Please tell me you're going to keep her safe," (y/n) pleaded desperately. They were dating, sure, but that doesn't exclude the fact that she's dating a delinquent.

"Do you have any faith in me?"

"Not really."

"Oi," he glared but she stared back at him with a look that screamed, 'am I wrong?', "Besides, Kakucho is here too, so there'll be three of us looking after her."

"I heard my name—" a familiar voice spoke behind Rindo as the three individuals turned to face them, only to see the person they were talking about stop in their tracks and stare questioningly at the scenario, "Rin, please tell me that is not your child."

(Y/n) was taken aback and glanced incredulously at him whilst Rindo exhaled loudly, "This is (y/n)'s sister, Maya."

The blonde teen gestured to the little girl who became quiet by a stranger's presence and timidly hid behind her older sister. At the obvious discomfort, Kakucho immediately softened his expression to appear less threatening.

"Sorry to disturb you guys— on a weekend, nonetheless," the (y/h) female bowed apologetically, "I got a call from my club president to come over and help out with the festival orders. The festival is in two weeks and some of my members are behind on their workload."

"Oh right, Rindo and Ran were telling me about that," Kakucho commented, "We'll probably visit your class at the festival. What are you guys doing?"

"We're doing a photo booth. I have the morning shift if you guys want to come visit," she answered and the older teen nodded his head in understanding, "Anyways, I have to start heading out now..."

"Don't worry about Maya. We'll take of her," Rindo stated and (y/n) glanced worriedly at him once more, "Go on ahead and focus on club. Just call me when you're done so I can pick you up."

Luckily for her, Rindo mellowed out protecting her any moment he could get, and decided it was best to trust that she'll handle herself like he used to. It seems that their talk a couple of days ago really eased his mind.

"Huahh... fine," the (h/c)-nette sighed before shifting her attention to Kakucho, "Keep an eye on Rindo for me, please. He's being a bad influence on my sister."

"Yeah, wouldn't want that to happen," Kakucho smirked as he playfully ruffled the younger boy's hair and draped an arm around his shoulders.

"Oi, why do I always have the short end of the stick in these conversations," Rindo grumbled and crossed his arms.

(Y/n) lightly chuckled, "Alright, I'm gonna go—"

"Hey, what are you guys gathering at the door for—?" Ran came into view; however, froze on spot the same way Kakucho did. A mini (y/n) peered up at him in a child-like curiosity, "Rindo... when did you have a child?!"