Chapter 34: I Love You So

"Thanks for worrying about me, (y/n)."

—~—

Third Person POV

(Y/n) panicked. A flaw in the system. An unforeseen circumstance. A—

"(Y/n), you okay?" Rindo questioned warily, wondering what has gotten into his girlfriend that she looked like she was convicted of a crime. Tell me why this girl was pacing about as if she lost the murder weapon and was desperately trying to find it amongst the grass.

"I—" she looked up at him with tear-filled, doe-like (e/c) eyes, reminding him of a whimpering puppy, "I can't find my jacket!"

She couldn't believe her luck. After spending an entire month keeping the surprise a secret, only for her efforts to be wasted within seconds. Normally, she wasn't an emotional type but she felt the tears hit the threshold and could come rushing any moment now.

The blonde boy deadpanned at the situation. Any wrong move could result in a tragedy, "Calm down, when was the last time you had it?"

"Well..." the (h/c)-haired female trailed off. As much as she wanted to find it as soon as possible, she couldn't risk him helping on her search and accidentally seeing the gift, "I don't know..."

Rindo sighed in exasperation as (y/n) bashfully sweat-dropped; however, her previous statement was half true. She remembered taking off her jacket before the jousting tournament because she was afraid that the cover won't protect her clothes. The water and whip cream could ruin it so she remembered placing it off to the side. With that in mind, she needed to distract him whilst she searched the fencing club's event.

"Please don't cry..." Rindo awkwardly mumbled with a heavy exhale considering this was the first time in awhile to see (y/n) cry. Even seeing her angry tears spilt during their fight wasn't a pleasant experience for either of them. He glanced away from her sullen gaze and meekly rubbed the back of his neck, "I was planning to give you this later but maybe it can cheer you up."

Tilting her head in curiosity, she watched the violet-eyed teen fish inside his pockets and pull something out. (E/c) hues glistened even more at the sight. Matching key charms for her phone where one was a crown and the other a strawberry— just like what he did during the photo booth.

The moment her expression appeared to question him, Rindo answered her unspoken thought, "When you went to change, there was a stall selling jewelry right outside your classroom. I saw these and didn't think it was a coincidence so I got them as soon as I saw them."

Crack!

Oh no, a crack in the dam known as (y/n)'s inability to accept kind gestures so her only programmed response is to express her gratitude. It was unfortunate that she was on the verge of crying beforehand.

"You— I—" she started with a trembling bottom lip resulting in a cute pout, "H-How dare you, you bitch. Even times like these, you still managed to beat me to it."

That was it. That was the trigger for her to burst out in mess of hot tears at her own incompetence to do something nice. The (h/c)-nette pathetically plopped her head onto his shoulder as he patted her back in confusion

"H-Hah?" Rindo exclaimed in absolute bewilderment, his idea backfired right back at him, "Why are you crying even more, you idiot?"

"This is all your fault, I hope you know that!" (Y/n) moped. Of course, she didn't mean it but she needed something to playfully blame.

Rindo shook his head, gently entangled his fingers at the back of her (h/l) (h/c) hair, and kissed the top of her head, "Come on, let's go find your jacket. If we can't find it, I'll buy one for you, but for now you can have mine."