Chapter 29: Cinnamon

"Don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you anymore."

—~—

Third Person POV

"Um... huh? Sorry?"

The once ignored (h/c)-haired student uttered in complete perplexity at her new predicament. Where everyone used to avoid her at all costs for picking a fight with Roppongi's infamous siblings, suddenly switched knowing that one of them is nicer than they thought. After all, who would date their enemy? Or it might just be that they're trying to suck up to the poor girl to guarantee safety through association.

But this particular situation was partly somebody else's fault. Since (y/n) spends most of her time in her club room and she became extremely efficient due to her work ethic, she was able to complete her share of baseball uniforms a lot quicker than the other members. She worked on Taichi's uniform and gave it to him the day before, only for him to showcase it to everyone as a form of gratitude and to keep his word to promote the sewing club.

"Can you fix up my uniform for me, please," one classmate practically begged as they held their hands together, "Our marching band competition is coming up and the buttons and tassels are coming loose."

"(L/n)-san! I have a favor to ask," another interjected with a pleading look, "It's my friend's birthday next week and I was wondering if you can design a custom jacket."

"Hey, Taichi showed me his baseball jersey and I wanted to know if you are able to recolor my basketball one," another said with a sheepish expression, "The color is fading quite a bit."

"Back off! I asked first. Mine's more urgent."

"Hah?? I'll pay!"

"Me too!"

Poor girl didn't get to eat a bite out of her lunch yet— chopsticks held mid-air as she was just about to pick up a dumpling. To think, she was worried that she wouldn't be able to have normal conversations with her classmates, all for that to be proven wrong by making one baseball jersey.

"Uh... I don't know. I don't take personal requests," (y/n) sheepishly responded.

'I just want to eat, man,' she cried, 'Damn, I should've went to the club room for lunch.'

"I'll pay you!" They all shouted in unison, causing her to sweat-drop even further.

The (y/h) teen was about to reject their offers, but the thought of gaining money crossed her mind. She knew they were just using her for their own benefit rather than making acquaintances, but at least her effort will be paid for. All she has left to do is fulfill the drama club's costumes for the school festival's play and she'll have the free time to work on her own projects once more.

"Hmm, fixing up loose buttons and re-dyeing clothes are simple fixes... And I have extra thrifted jackets in the club room so I might be able to complete all three of your requests by the end of the day," she explained and they eagerly nodded, "That being said, I'll price them accordingly by my effort. Is that still okay?"

The (e/c)-eyed girl hesitantly watched their reactions, especially the person who asked for a custom jacket since that will be the most time-consuming and expensive one. They all seemed to readily agree, however, so (y/n) began to talk about pricing and such— lunch completely forgotten and left to the side.

"(Y/n)," a male voice spoke and anybody in the room froze on the spot. Said female glanced up from her sketchbook in confusion at the familiar voice, "Have you seen Rindo?"