[ Epilogue ]

Third Person POV

"Violet! Happy New Year!"

The purple-haired girl jolted at the chorus of male voices greeting behind her, nearly pricking her finger with the pin she was holding. Placing a hand over where her heart should be, an irritated sigh left her lips as she spun around to face the group of five familiar faces, plus one she didn't recognize.

"You guys, quiet down. How did you even get inside?" She quirked a brow and scanned all the individuals in the room, "Wait, where's Rindo?"

"Right here," his voice spoke so distinctly out of everyone else's that loudly rambled amongst themselves. A head of blonde-and-blue hair was found sitting in her office chair that an irk mark surfaced on her forehead, "Congratulations again, miss Violet."

The purple-haired teen huffed and approached him, "Can you guys stop mocking me?"

And just like old times, the sudden newcomer in the fashion industry, 'Violet', dumped the arrogant boy off of her chair.

— Flashback —

(Y/n) and Rindo walked back to her friends and family, ready to head out and start celebrating without even hearing the results of the contest. She couldn't care less. All she did was laugh at everyone's collective 'why did you do that?!' as soon as she made contact with them.

"Wasn't I great up there?" She merely asked and everyone sighed. It seems that they're taking the news much worse than she was, "Anyways, let's go out to eat! I'm starving."

There was so much commotion that the final contestant caused that the audience were mumbling amongst themselves and the judges talked about what to do next. It was obvious that they should disqualify the young girl as she broke the rules, but the event had never been more disorganized—

"Wait!" A female voice screamed into a mic, a high-pitched shriek of the mic reverberation accompanying it, "Don't disqualify (l/n) (y/n) from the contest... Disqualify me."

At that, (y/n) so swiftly snapped her head back at the stage, almost to the point that it hurt. Up on the runway, a frazzled Ogawa Mina stood and stared determinedly at the panel of judges, all the while glaring daggers at her own mother. Hirose Kasumi, on the other hand, narrowed her hazel eyes in contemplation on what her daughter was scheming.

"I lied to everyone. All the pieces you saw were made by my mother, Hirose Kasumi," Mina explained, leaving everyone in shock.

Her mother widened her eyes in horror as her fellow colleagues turned to her for an explanation. Meanwhile, (y/n) had her mouth agape and glanced over to Rindo who only shrugged with a stifled laugh escaping his lips.

"My mother planned to sabotage (l/n) (y/n)'s work by hiring people to harm her as well as the reason why the tenth model was not able to show up..." Mina peered over to (y/n) who stared at her incredulously. Why...? "Please... she worked so hard for this moment. Please don't disqualify her."

Mina didn't ask for forgiveness, but one look from (y/n) told her that she appreciated what she had done. The (h/c)-haired teen sent her a small smile and a nod before continuing to leave the venue with her friends and family. More commotion occurred behind them as the host grabbed the mic and asked everyone for a small intermission. A lot of sorting out the conflict was loudly discussed, but that didn't stop (y/n) from exiting rather than waiting to see the final tally.

"(Y/n)-san, are you sure you don't want to wait to see if you won?" Taichi asked.

"Nah, I'm good," said female dismissively waved, "And if I did, they'll mail it to me or I'll see once I pick up my outfits. Right now, I'm just so exhausted from last night's sewing sesh with you all that I just want a break. I don't even want to think about rushing outfits in a week ever again."