Chapter 41: Drown

"Goodnight, my little trash panda."

—~—

Third Person POV

Smoke lined the narrow space of the alleyway as two teenaged males burnt their throats with tobacco and drank their lives away with whiskey. Roughly a month has passed since their time in a last-minute, strewn up gang called, Valhalla. If you can even count it that long, anyways.

A certain individual not only beat them shitless for threatening his girlfriend, but also kicked them out of the gang. Not like it mattered. Apparently Valhalla is under the name Tokyo Manji from then on and they didn't want to be in a gang that submitted to defeat. Now, the two were just any other gangsters terrorizing people for the fun of it.

"Excuse me," a female tone spoke a bit of ways from them and the two looked over to the voice with a threatening glare. Who was stupid enough to—?

"You two know of (y/n) (l/n), correct?"

They were met with a pair of hawk-like hazel eyes and a perfectly executed business smile; however, the aura this lady gave was rather commanding and authoritative. From the rolled down window of the black limousine, the two males glanced at each other before glancing at the woman in skepticism.

"What do you want?" One of them asked and attempted to appear more threatening by lighting his cigarette and blowing the smoke her direction.

"It appears you haven't my question first," the older woman simply replied, and at that, the two stared at her incredulously. That was bold... How could she be so calm in a situation like this?

"And if we do? Why does it matter?" The other asked, "How did you even know that we knew her...? You know what, I don't care. I'd rather not be involved with the Haitani brothers again so fuck off, will ya?"

"And if I offer 100,000 yen?"

They froze— the only movement came from the smoke lifted into the air. One nearly dropped their cigarette that hung from their lips.

"I could add more, if you'd like. What's your offer?" She nonchalantly uttered. If anything, she seemed bored by that statement.

"That's crazy! Who would—?!"

Before they could speak, the brown-haired woman heaved out a long sigh and grabbed her purse. Casually taking out a couple 10,000 yen from her wallet, she flung it out the window as the duo scrambled to catch it before it drifted off into the wind.

They peered over to her grinning wickedly at their actions. A pair of dogs motivated by greed never failed her once again. She's never the one to dirty her own hands, after all.

"What do you want us to do?" One unhesitantly inquired and a smirk formed on her lips.

"It's simple," she smiled with a professional politeness, hiding the true intentions behind the facade.

"Ruin (y/n) (l/n) in any way you can," she answered, "I'd prefer if you didn't kill her since that could trace back to me. Break her hands so she wouldn't be able to sew anymore. Or anything along those lines could work too."

After the portfolio event, Hirose Kasumi knew her daughter's competition— or rather— her competition. Being a professor had its perks as she was a part of the review board where they accept or reject applicants, but unfortunately, her daughter didn't have a guaranteed pass into the school. The school had a strict application process and didn't allow any easy way in through connections; and if she wanted to keep her reputation, she had to find other ways for her daughter to continue her name in the fashion industry.