Chapter 4: Sick of You

"You're much more fun than I thought you'd be..."

—~—

Third Person POV

He's like a mosquito.

No matter what she did, Rindo would not leave her alone— leaving the situation worse than it was prior. Even more so, his presence sucked the remaining life out of her and her spirits were drained every time she returned home from school...

A mosquito.

(Y/n) did not know what happened. It's been a couple of weeks since the eraser incident and the pesky delinquent stuck to her like glue. She thought that, if anything, that incident would deter the male away from her but it absolutely backfired. The antics intensified, the shenanigans became more frequent, and his ever-so 'kind' words became more colorful.

"You look like a kindergartener's finger painting project gone wrong," Rindo spoke in amusement as (y/n) could only lift up her head, glare, and went straight back down sleeping in her arms, "The hell happened to you, (l/n)? Did Halloween come early?"

He snickered and tugged at a stray piece of her (h/l) (h/c) hair. Dry crusts of paint that coated her hair— actually, her entire being— crumbled to pieces at the harsh movement.

"Leave me alone, Haitani. It's for club," the (h/c)-nette grumbled and attempted to return to the slumber she missed on the past few nights.

Her original intention of annoying Rindo to the utmost limit was ruined as soon as she figured out that any tricks would be stopped by his reaction time. Then again, she could probably strategize her pranks to more cohesive, calculated attacks but that required effort that she did not have nor did she think it'd be effective in the first place.

'There's always plan b...' the exhausted female tilted her head to look at the boy to her left who's already looking bored and staring out the window, 'I don't get it... It's obvious he's not here to annoy me specifically but...'

(Y/n) huffed drearily before returning to the comfort of her huddled arms. She knew that he had an ulterior motive in her high school and was just using his spare time to bother her for his own pleasure and yet... it seems as though something has changed.

It didn't take her long to figure it out— she knew awhile ago that he was pushing her buttons to reach some sort of outburst. Why was that so entertaining to him? She'll never know.

'If annoying him won't work maybe I should try to blackmail him...' the (e/c)-eyed female thought but quickly shook her head to rid the thought , 'Wah... when did I stoop so low? Being around him is really a bad influence. Besides, is there anything I can actually blackmail him with?'

Peeking between the space of her arms, (y/n) watched as Rindo surveyed the people that began to enter the classroom a few minutes before class started. He really did keep his promise of searching for the guys he supposedly has business with because— although he's loud and obnoxious whenever he pulls his little stunts— he is strangely... quiet.

It's like watching a hawk stalking and eyeing down its prey. At any moment, she could blink and the person he's after would dissipate in an instance. (Y/n) has to give Rindo some sort of credit as it is kind of intimidating how serious he could be without being an absolute jerk.

'He's a gangster— surely there's some dirt I can dig up from him,' she pursed her lips in contemplation, 'Should I actually try to manipulate him into leaving me be? Would finding the people Haitani's searching for and the reason he's chasing them down be enough of a trade?'