Chapter 18: Bags

"I did. Now hurry up, I gotta get home before 7."

—~—

Third Person POV

He should've let her leave. He should've ignored his worries and let her get jumped. He should've left without another thought and enjoyed his night in peace.

Anything was so much better than this.

"(L/n), you're the one who said you needed to hurry up," Rindo boredly stated but there was a hint of irritation behind it. His arm was supported on the cart's handle as his chin rested on his hand, "So take your own advice and speed the fuck up."

He watched the (h/c)-haired girl hold two cans of green beans and carefully inspect each one. His lilac eyes stared at her in boredom and was beginning to feel sleepy.

"Haitani, which one is better," she held up the two cans for him to see, "This one is branded and probably tastes better, but this one is cheaper— I mean, it's green beans so it doesn't matter if it's cheap, right?"

"I literally do not care," he replied and (y/n) groaned.

"You're not helping."

"And you're too slow," the tall blonde rolled his eyes, "Just pick one. It's not that difficult."

"It is difficult," the (y/h) female whined, "I'm broke and only have so much money from my allowance. Since it's last minute, my parents couldn't give me money beforehand so I just have to make do with the money I have right now. I want to eat good but on a budget, you know?"

"Is that what you're worried about?" Rindo irritatedly scrunched up his face and straightened himself up before holding his hand out to (y/n), "Give me the list."

Meanwhile, (y/n) warily gave him the small notepad that she managed to write down beforehand. The blonde quickly scanned the list and first went up to her, seized the branded can of green beans from her hands, and threw it into the cart.

"Hey—!" She exclaimed but Rindo quickly walked down the aisles and ignored her. He continued to grab the needed items, all the while, disregarding the pesky (h/c)-nette next to him.

At some point, (y/n) tried to stop the cart but the tall male was way too strong that she ended up being hauled along. She tried for five more minutes until Rindo was already at the counter, checking things out to the cashier.

"T-The total comes out to 5000 yen," the cashier nervously said and tried to avoid eye contact with the Haitani Rindo. So instead, the cashier faced (y/n) while she pulled out her purse— only to stare in horror at the fact she only had 2000 yen in total.

"Here," Rindo handed them the money and the cashier hesitantly accepted it. He then wordlessly grabbed the bags and walked towards the automatic doors with (y/n) right on tow.

"Hey, you didn't have to pay for those," she said and sped-walk to match his pace.

"You were taking too long so I just grabbed the branded ones so we could leave," he casually replied whilst she pouted.

"At least let me pay you back."

"It's fine. The money's not mine, I stole it from some guys," the blonde boy shrugged as (y/n) sweat-dropped.

"Then let me hold my own bags," she extended her hand out but Rindo only shifted his gaze towards her. He was about to ignore her since her hands were still injured, but figured that she wouldn't shut up about it if he did.