Chapter 42: So My Darling

"I can't wait to show you this tomorrow!"

—~—

Third Person POV

Ring ring!

Ring ring!

Ring—!

"What?" (Y/n) groggily snapped at the other person on the other end of the call, her eyes weren't even open and her face still laid on the table.

"Well damn, good morning to you too," the voice of none other than, Haitani Rindo, spoke and she groaned in response, "Woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something?"

"Haven't made it to bed," she murmured and wanted to get back to sleep faster.

"Don't tell me you slept on your desk again," he sighed, "Alright, hunchback, are you coming to school or not? If you aren't, I'm gonna head back to the apartment."

The (e/c)-eyed girl blinked her eyes open, "What?"

"I take it that you overslept," he said but she could hear the victorious, jeering smirk coming from him, "Good thing I called you, huh? You have thirty minutes before the bell rings."

"Thirty..." she trailed off with widened eyes. Abruptly, she jumped out of her seat and looked over her alarm clock, "Thirty minutes?!"

"I'll leave you to it," she heard him stifle a chuckle, "See you soon, (y/n)."

A 'click' of the phone prompted the (h/c)-nette to scurry around her room in a poor attempt of fixing herself together. She hurriedly threw on her blazer and skirt as her tie hung loosely around her shoulders, and she sprinted to the bathroom. At some point, her shin made contact with the doorframe and it took a couple minutes out of her time hopping around and yelping in pain.

Thirty minutes. It took ten minutes to get to the station, ten minutes for the train ride there, and another five minutes to walk to her school. That only left five minutes worth of spare time! And she was already wasting time trying to put herself together. She couldn't afford to be late and be caught by the disciplinary council. Running laps, detention, anything will set her back from using the sewing machines, so she needs to hurry before it was too late.

Her morning routine was cut down by half and she dashed into her room to grab her bag. As she exited her bedroom, her hand slapped the doorway and pulled her back in realization.

'My sketchbook!' She thought and shifted her eyes to her desk where she left it last. Upon not finding it, she knitted her brows in confusion, 'I must've put it in my bag before I fell asleep.'

That was the only possible conclusion. She so clearly remembered drawing last night and left it on the table. It wouldn't go past her that while she was sleep deprived and half awake, she somehow managed to put it away. It couldn't have grown legs and walked out of her room, after all.

"I'm gonna head out now!" The (h/c)-haired teen exclaimed as she dashed to the front door. Her parents looked up at the commotion, only to see a whirl of (h/l) (h/c) hair dart pass them.

"What about breakfast?" Her mother asked.

"Can't! I'm late!" The eldest daughter of the (l/n) family shouted before slamming the door shut behind her.

Meanwhile, the youngest daughter woke up in a daze until she remembered about her surprise gift. A smile broke out on Maya's face that she quickly scrambled to her feet to show her sister. As promised, she didn't touch the drawings since she knew how important they were to her, so she opted to draw a portrait of them on the back of the cover. She was quite proud of it, if she does say so herself.